Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Noises

Demonic Angel

Since taking photos of my "orbs" last year I've been adamant our house is haunted! All houses creak of course, but our house is super weird!

The orbs were in the living room and ever since its always had a creepy feeling about it - its always cold in there too! Plus Jess seems to see things we cant see and goes mad chasing thin air, which is very funny - but its like she can see these things that we cant - she might just be mad (which we suspect she is!)

In our toilet (which is seperate but next door to the bathroom) you hear a tapping sound - as if someones in the walls tapping them - this happens if your on the toilet, off it, cleaning it - you always hear a tap-tap-tap-tap - as if it was dripping water but there is no leaking water anywhere!

The icing on the cake came at the weekend when I was in our kitchen (which is located below the bathroom) filling up the dishwasher and the ceiling was creaking as if someone was walking on the laminted flooring on the bathroom floor upstairs - so I should up to Rich to stop messing about in the bathroom as he was supposed to be working in his study - he shouted back that he wasn't in the bathroom!

Ever since I always hear footsteps on the kitchen ceiling - last night it happened when Rich was fast asleep in bed, so I know its not him - and its definitely not normal house creaks - its like proper footsteps!

I even tried to Google our house to see if anyone died in it - cant find any info though!

I'm not scared of it all - I just find it so fascinating! Does anyone know where you can go to find out if anyone has died in your house? (Sorry if it all sounds a bit morbid!)

I love it when stuff like this happens as im a bit of a unexplained nut ball

But from what you are discribing from the toilet it could be water hammer which can sound like tapping.

As for the laminet floor crecking it could just be expanding and contracting as wood can do this at different temps

im not saying you havn't got a haunting but i rule out the possible first

You was taking pix of your orbs hh? Hmmm, interesting. Maybe, if someone WAS killed in your house, their body may have been like buried in the back garden or something or basement, and its theri spirit walking around the house init. If you think its your orbs causing the creking and stuff, take them somewhere else, like levae them at a friends place for a cpl of weeks, see if there still creaking or what not init.

Was it alta vista that have a translation website???? :lol:

I get a lot of "orbs" in photos in my house.... then again its VERY old... A few people have remarked that they have "sensed" something here. I do too, Experianced some bits and bobs but Its never bothered me, I gre pup in this house, and almost feel like someone looking out for me....

That pub we looked after though... what ever wasa there took a dislike to me!!!

they get the foot steps, things being moved, etc...

Since taking photos of my "orbs"

I was snapping quite a few 'orbs' on saturday............o yes.......... :yes:

its always cold in there too!

Have you checked if the radiator is on? Is a window open?

Plus Jess seems to see things we cant see and goes mad chasing thin air, which is very funny - but its like she can see these things that we cant - she might just be mad (which we suspect she is!)

Could be fleas hopping off her? (I presume it's the cat, if it's a child take her to the pyschiatrist!!)

In our toilet (which is seperate but next door to the bathroom) you hear a tapping sound - as if someones in the walls tapping them - this happens if your on the toilet, off it, cleaning it - you always hear a tap-tap-tap-tap - as if it was dripping water but there is no leaking water anywhere!

Are you sure it's not leaking inside a wall or anything! As Steve said it could be water hammer, but I thought that only happens when it's filling the cistern? To fix water hammer you stick a yogurt pot on the arm of the ballcock and fill it with water. (just a bit of useless info there for you)

the ceiling was creaking as if someone was walking on the laminted flooring on the bathroom floor upstairs

Probably the water that's leaking from the toilet causing the laminate flooring to swell and creak

Other than that have you checked for stow-aways? Maybe someone is living in your loft and just popping down for a pee and to get some food??

Maybe Rich is playing a joke on you and has a tape player playing all night long on loop??

Maybe the noises are in your head - has Rich heard any of this???

It gave me a laugh anyway reading it :lol::lol::lol:

Regarding the dripping sound, it is probably just the Toilet Stack dripping as the water pools slightly going round the bend...

I think you would know about leaks by now but normal plumbing creaks as the water is moving around the house.

Our living room is cold too... It's the largest room in the house...

Untill I see something myself, I remain sceptical :thumbsup: Strange how the most haunted places seem to be pubs ;)

Try bleeding the radiators? could be air in your central heating system.

Your house isn't haunted. Sorry :(

There is no such thing as ghosts. Ok, so there may be happenings that we can't explain (right now), but NEVER has there been any scientific proof or evidence of ghosts. Every single ghost documentary I've watched has never come up with any evidence.

How anyone can think there is some sort of "spirit" or "soul" living on after a person as died is beyond me.

From what you have said I think, with a bit of investigation, you could explain everything. The problem is, when someone starts to believe they are haunted then everything that happens is exagerated. e.g. that noise was deffiently footsteps, or that room is always cold.

In my house the water pipes/pumps in the loft make a constant thudding sound every so often, and it sounds EXACTLY like someone walking up the stairs.

Just sit back and relax, the noises are just your house breathing :) If ghost's are real, then so is santa claus, and tooth fairies...

Sorry if I have come accross a bit strong - I just don't understand how people can believe in something that they can't proove or see - yet they don't believe in unicorn's or witches, etc... Then again, I suppose some people believe there is an almighty person watching down on us and controlling our destiny ;) beats me!

:)

If ghost's are real, then so is santa claus, and tooth fairies...

Hey, lay off Santa and the tooth fairies! :angry:

Sounds to me like the 'orbs' are reflections off elements in your camera's lens, speherical aberrations. Gordy?

How old is your cat now? It is Spring! :lol:

Strangely enough it is only me who hears things - I swear I'm not going mad though - I became mad ages ago! :lol:

s0cks - witches are real - you can get Pagan witches! :yes:

My problem is I watch too many scary movies I think! Although I still want to find out if anyones died in my house!

Your house isn't haunted. Sorry :(

There is no such thing as ghosts.

Not to start an argument here but you say there are no such things as ghosts/spirts and that there is no proof they exist, but there also isnt any proof they dont exist.

I myself keep a open mind on all this stuff as there are some very strange things in this world some we can explain and some things we cant "yet"

My cousin suffers from fits (not epileptic though) one time she took a fit (she was aged about 9 at the time) and stopped breathing.. my brother gave her mouth to mouth while her older brother (14) ran to phone 999.

Anyway.. when she awoke she said she saw 3 people waving to her (yes from a tunnel and light etc) bekoning her to go to them, she told them it wasn't time and came back.

She described all 3 of them.. 6 foot thin built man , with ginger hair mustache and cap, was her grandad who she had never met (died before she was born) a older female, body had scars on it, this was her grandmother... who she was very close to, and because of this, she wasn't told she went through a post mortem when she died, and a lttle boy of around 5 years old.. her mums brother.

I'm not saying i beleive in ghosts, but we (the full family) can't explain how she knew these things, she wasn't told.

There is also another story of a cold bedroom, where the baby slept (mother died during labour).. the baby woke up during the night for a feed... then went quiet, when dad went through to feed the baby, he was half sitting up (3 months old), cuddling in,no-one was there, the room had a deffinate chill in the air. explain that? i can't

We all have our own beliefs.. and we should respect other peoples without mocking (mocking in private is allowed though :lol:)

Some things can't be explained.

We all have our own beliefs.. and we should respect other peoples without mocking (mocking in private is allowed though :lol:)

Some things can't be explained.

Fascinating post, cfc1. Oh there are certainly more things in Heaven and Earth, etc.

My Nan died when I was 16. A short while later, I swear I woke up one night and saw her at the foot of my bed. OK, I know you could put that down to grief. A couple of weeks later in September 1971, I was with a mate at Oulton Park, watching a Formula F5000 race. We were on the main straight and getting a good view of the cars as you could get quite close to the track at that point. Nevertheless, after only a few minutes, I felt a terrible feeling of foreboding and asked my mate if we could move to a different place. He was stunned at first and a little scared by my uncharacteristic behaviour but relented and we went down to Knickerbrook corner and watched the race from there.

Not long later there was a terrible crash and one car broke in two. The driver was thrown from the car and killed instantly. Parts of the car's engine exploded and showered the area. You can guess where.

Being morbidly curious teenagers, we later went up to the spot where the accident had taken place and where we had previously been standing, there was a carburettor smouldering in the wet grass.

My Mum has always maintained that my Nan was looking out for me on that day.

s0cks, according to science, and the laws of aerodynamics bees can't fly.....

There goes that theory then!!!!

I Know what it is Em........

Its your T Spirit :D :D ;)

I agree - unexplained things DO happen - its just people rarely talk about it!

I believe that there must be worlds beyond ours - we and the human race cannot be the be all and end all of life (or death!)

Same with aliens - I believe that if human life can flourish on this planet, whats the stop alien life flourishing on another planet? Beings evolve to their surroundings so we might never be able to visit Pluto but living creatures who have evolved to the immense cold thrive.

Just because we dont see it, doesnt me its not there! :thumbsup:

Hehe. Sorry but I will never believe it. A sixth sense I can kind of believe (as animals can sense danger/rain/etc... so why can't we?). It's a brain thing.

But ghosts and spirits just don't do it for me. There must be a million stories, and probably just as many sightings of ghosts by ordinary people. So why is it that NONE of these stories have any hard evidence or proof? That's because they don't exist :) A lot of stories can also be explained by science (such as eltromagnetic disturbances/fields).

With the huge amount of data and discoveries of science, its harder and harder to believe in the paranormal. Find me some real proof and I will believe it. :)

well what would you count as real proof s0cks? :eek:

because some scientists have read temperature changes of about 10 degrees, others with electromagnetic disturbances, but these things only came and went, so they weren't constant disturbances..

i believe there is a spiriual side of things, but i havent really paid much attentions to it :P

Big T

well what would you count as real proof s0cks?  :eek:

because some scientists have read temperature changes of about 10 degrees, others with electromagnetic disturbances, but these things only came and went, so they weren't constant disturbances..

i believe there is a spiriual side of things, but i havent really paid much attentions to it  :P

Big T

hmmm... video evidence would be good. There are video sightings and photo's but when put through strict tests always come out to be dust on the lense, or light soak. If contact could be made using high end recording equipment (such as TV camera's) and this contact happened on a regular basis (not just out of the blue and never again). I'm sure there is a lot of scientific equipment which could proove the existence of ghosts. I wouldn't kow, I'm not a scientist - however I do know that no hard evidence has been found (even when testing in some of the most "haunted" places around).

mmm, i c wot u mean,

but i've jus got a feeling that ghost exist in places :fear::lol:

o well, guess we just gota wait till it can really be proved.. :D

Big T

I wouldn't write off things just because we don't understand them or can't describe them with conventional methods, e.g. physics. Then again it's no doubt true that for every real case there are a million mistakes and hoaxes.

My wife told me that (before we got together) when her mother's mother died she was watching TV and suddenly felt very disturbed as if something had changed or gone wrong -- a couple of hours later and the phone rang with a relative telling her her grandmother had died. She lived 300 miles away.

So OK, that's just a story because I wasn't there, not that my wife would lie. BUT, two years ago my wife's grandmother on her father's side died (also 300 miles away). At 7 a.m. my wife woke up and told me that she felt something bad had happened -- in fact she told me she suspected her grandmother had died. Sure enough, an hour later the phone rang and it was true.

Now (yikes, I just jumped out of my skin!) this may be unexplainable, but just because we can't describe the mechanism, doesn't mean it never happened. And the reason I just jumped out of my skin while typing this spooky stuff is because my kid's toy robot (Robosapien) just work up by himself, made a few noises and walked around a bit. But there's hopefully a reasonable explanation for that, even if it has been inactive for hours and chose this moment to wake up.

The above isn't necessarily proof of any continuation after death, but it does indicate that there's more to us than we know or can explain.

Ghostly presences often come with a feeling of pressure on the kidneys/lower back (so they say). Do you get any of that?

Ghostly presences often come with a feeling of pressure on the kidneys/lower back (so they say). Do you get any of that?

I have had lower back problems since I was a kid - they got worse after my accidents but they have almost always been there.....

ghosts are visions of another time or place, when the phase between our existence and that of another parallel existence momentarily merge.

when you see loads of roman soldiers marching along the moors, they arent ghosts of dead soldiers, they are THE soldiers 2000 years ago marching along the moors - imagine what they think has happened when they get a quick glimpse of you and your partner canoodling on a picnic rug.

time is but a book, we are on page 32, but you can still turn back to page 15 and read it again - or skip to the end of the book to see what happens.

on day we will understand how to travel in other ways other than the linear path we choose now!

ooh im so profound :rolleyes:

p.s rach, its your toilet love :D

WE were looking after a haunted pub a bit back, just me and my other half...

I was ripping the :censor: out of her as she was scared of the "ghostie toasites",ooooooooooo hes going to get you....

that night it got me...

lets say my views changed fairly dramaticly :D

My dads experianced things too....

About dj_davo's post.. it m ust have been a month or so ago....

Driving up my drive.... I saw a car comming down... I said nothing and stopped near a passing point to save reversing.. it didn't come.. so I drove on...

My dad remarked that it was off as he swore he just saw a car comming down, amy mum confirmed she had seen it too!!! so it can;t have been me imagining it, co incidence of me and my dad imagining it......

At about the same point on the drive one night, when very drunk after a TOCbeer night Milly, SlumJum and bbibbs said they saw "two cars go past" when they were hiding in the hedges, when only one did! ;)