Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do Your Police Workout Or What?

scionic

Majority of true (not TV) SAS members fairly slim build.

Hardest ******ers in the world.

How do they get by with no firearms?

I'm assuming it is just harder for criminals to get them as well there, so they aren't needed?

We are firearm crazy in this damn country. Even though the police are armed, they many times come up short because the criminals have more firepower or automatic weapons. It's pretty ridiculous.

and there was the start of the downfall of america :ph34r:

:yes: :(

Being English we use our brains first and brawn last until push comes to shove then you will see one of the best Police forces in action!

Don’t under estimate the Police in the UK.

To quote your first line of your post, this is going to sound funny and I'm hoping no one takes offence to this but I’ve noticed Americans should put their brain in gear before opening their mouths  :thumbsup:

You may be surprised how many Police are armed but it’s not in your face macho BS like some countries.

We do speak our minds pretty freely, but don't let me serve as an example. I'm more obnoxious than the average probably.

I hear alot of talk about them being fit, but I'm telling you, every English cop I've ever seen in person or on the news has pale arms that look like pipe cleaners poking out from under his short sleeved shirt and most look like school boys.

Our police are overly aggressive for the most part, I agree, but they can run fast and beat the crap out anything that moves. Have you see COPS?

I think it would probably take 3 or 4 of yours to get one of our cops on the ground (assuming both are unarmed, of course) :lol:

(waits for inevitable defensive response: Americans are stupid...brains not brawn etc)

Stupid Americans

:thumbsup:

But our cops can beat up your cops. :rolleyes:

And they eat more doughnuts  :P  :P  :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:

And then the US cops all have heart attacks so... we win!

<disengages childish mode>

every English cop I've ever seen in person or on the news has pale arms that look like pipe cleaners poking out from under his short sleeved shirt and most look like school boys.

I think it would probably take 3 or 4 of yours to get one of our cops on the ground (assuming both are unarmed, of course) :lol:

I don’t get what point you are trying to make... :cacker:

In your opinion the British Police are underweight and skinny which makes you think they are not up to the job?

Is this the typical American attitude of appearance where everyone has to look perfect and spends thousands of dollars on implants and cosmetic surgery here there and everywhere?

We are not in Hollywood or Los Angels, our Police may not have had Botox injections and pec and bicep implants but they are classed as one of the best in the world along with our armed forces.

One example as already mentioned are our SAS boys (one of our guys would be stood right next to you and you will never know) as supposed to a hairy ubikd marine who is trigger happy who shots first and asks questions later, I take it you have heard of ‘Friendly Fire?’

American Cops....

chiefwiggum2.gif

British Policeman

Policeman.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Our policeman even wears a poppy - you wont see Chief Wiggum wearing a poppy..... just crumbs! :lol::lol::lol:

I don’t get what point you are trying to make...  :cacker:

I was just curious about why all the British police I've seen don't look very muscular at all, not lean and lithe even. Just wimpy looking. I honestly did not mean to start a heated debate. I just always felt it was odd. The pic posted above is a prime example. Sorry, but that guy looks like a complete p*ssy. Our criminals would laugh him and then eat the flesh from his bones.

I guess I should have know better than to think I would find an actual answer, because the real answer is probably a bit complex. I'm guessing the standards are different there and the criminals are different as well.

Believe me, I'd rather live in a place so safe the regular police don't need to be armed. Requiring a squadron of bad-a$$es with firearms just to keep people safe is really nothing to brag about. :(

I was just curious about why all the British police I've seen don't look very muscular at all, not lean and lithe even. Just wimpy looking. I honestly did not mean to start a heated debate. I just always felt it was odd. The pic posted above is a prime example. Sorry, but that guy looks like a complete p*ssy. Our criminals would laugh him and then eat the flesh from his bones.

Yeah, but that guy isn't dealing with your criminals! And to be fair, there's a lot to be said for agility and speed over brawn anyday! Let's be fair, you'll never see an American cop huring himself over an 8ft garden wall while chasing a criminal down the back streets of Manchester will you! No. They just pull out a gun and eliminate the problem from a distance.

Our cops wouldn't be in the job if they were "Weedy" etc, they are perfectly adequate for the environment they work in.

:!Removed!:

And they eat more doughnuts  :P  :P  :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:

That's right!

Our cops can eat WAY more doughnuts than your cops. :thumbsup::lol:

So its not muscle after all, just the product of mass doughnut consumption :lol:

Yeah, but that guy isn't dealing with your criminals!  And to be fair, there's a lot to be said for agility and speed over brawn anyday!  Let's be fair, you'll never see an American cop huring himself over an 8ft garden wall while chasing a criminal down the back streets of Manchester will you! No.  They just pull out a gun and eliminate the problem from a distance.

Our cops wouldn't be in the job if they were "Weedy" etc, they are perfectly adequate for the environment they work in.

:!Removed!:

That's true.

All I know is when I was a 19 yr old tourist buying hash*sh in Leicester Square from Jamaican muscians, those Bobbies did not scare me a bit. :ph34r: I'd take two of them on myself with a beer in one hand. :lol:

That's true.

All I know is when I was a 19 yr old tourist buying hash*sh in Leicester Square from Jamaican muscians, those Bobbies did not scare me a bit.  :ph34r:  I'd take two of them on myself with a beer in one hand.  :lol:

I really wouldn't underestimate someone's power until you actually confront them though. It's sweeping statements like that which result in people getting hurt!!

And we don't need to know about your illegal narcotics purchases ;)

I really wouldn't underestimate someone's power until you actually confront them though.  It's sweeping statements like that which result in people getting hurt!!

And we don't need to know about your illegal narcotics purchases  ;)

You're probably right, but I was more than a little reckless at 19.

How did you know? The asterix didn't fool you, eh? :lol:

What else are you going to be buying off Jamaican muscians in Leicester Square???

Raasta ornaments?? :lol:

:ph34r:

What else are you going to be buying off Jamaican muscians in Leicester Square???

Raasta ornaments??  :lol:

:ph34r:

Uh..yeah.. good point.

I recind my previous statement. There was one time when the bobbies scared me off from that particular activity. I came to Leicester square after work as I did most nights, had a few pints at the Porcupine (still there I wonder?) and I made a walk down to the square area and saw huge mobs of police sweeping the street. :eek:

Turned out later on, Princess Diana arrived to watch the opening of Backdraft at a movie theatre that night, so I went home empty-handed. :lol:

I was just curious about why all the British police I've seen don't look very muscular at all, not lean and lithe even. Just wimpy looking.

that guy looks like a complete p*ssy. Our criminals would laugh him and then eat the flesh from his bones.

Happy Now?

Happynow.jpg

Obviously now he has a 6 pack and implants and a nice tan he can do his job properly.

I’m sure he won’t feel threatened by being beaten up by some tough guys now he is 220lbs of muscle!

FLIPA.gif

can you post some statistical evidence that

- 100% of american police officers are big and brawny. and that there are no fat and out of shape us police officers.

- 100% of uk police officers are scrawny wimps. and that there are no powerful well made uk police officers.

maybe then we could have a debate.

right now - we are just playing stereotypes.

Nope, there's no way I can do that Matthew. I'd be the first to admit that.

There are certainly fat and out of shape American cops. It's just that you never see one that looks like a gangly 16 year old. For every chubby American cop there are 3 that look about 75% of the muscle dude picture posted above.

I guess there was no way to ask this question without people getting defensive though, but it was something I have honestly wondered about for a long time. I see plenty of British dudes walking around on the streets that look brawny, it's just that they are never in police uniforms and I was wondering why.

The answer is there is no answer and the longer I keep this up, the more everyone will hate me and hate Americans for being idiots so I think I'll just stop. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links