Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please

ghecko

Couple of questions if anyone can help.

Firstly can anyone recommend some good thick gearbox oil and how easy it it to replace this.

Secondly I have purchased some new gear linkage bushes/bearings and need to know wherabouts you can reach the old ones to replace them.

Any step by step for dummies appreciated...

I'm doing all of this to try to alleviate an annoying crunch every time the car goes into 3rd gear until it happens to be warmed up....

Thanks all

Changing the oil is a serious pain in the ***** without a lift or a pit. You can't jack up the car as it needs to be level when being filled :crybaby: (unless you put it on 4 axle stands, which is more than a little precarious).

There are two bolt plugs your going to need to remove. They are bigger than all the rest of the bolts holding the thing together so are easy to recognise. One is near the bottom of the box, the drain plug. and one is higher up facing the front of the front of the car, the filler plug.

Crawling around under the car without it jacked up is not convenient :angry: . So I used a length of narrow tubing, fed it in through the engine bay and into the filler hole, the poured the oil into a funnel at the top of the tubing. Worked well but took a while to get it in there :thumbsup:

Obviously this was after draining the original oil and disposing of it in an environmentally friendly fashion ;)

Redline MT-90 is a very popular transmission oil for 2's.

As for the linkage bushes, no idea.

For more info look at the BGB Click

Just had my REDLINE MT-90 poured in free of charge by MrClutch :thumbsup: ask someone nicely I'm sure they will do it for ya, or for a drink at least ;)

My gearbox crunches loads when changing down to 3rd, changing up it seems okay most of the time.

Mine does the same but in 4th gear, very annoying overtaking. Also grinds a bit going into 3rd when the car's been resting a while. :angry:

Into 1st for me. And to a lesser extent 2nd.

Sounds like we've got a gearbox whine thread going.

(yeah so it was a crap pun - what you gonna do? :P )

Into 1st for me.  And to a lesser extent 2nd.

Mine doesn't grind going into first, but it won't go in unless i'm stopped most of the time :angry:

Whine whine whine :P