Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'02 Tundra Check Engine

deezil

hello all, i recently installed a new K&N air filter in my '02 tundra and forgot to re-connect the air flow sensor clip :o , subsequently the check engine light came on after the first start and will not clear.

i've heard that it may take 40-50 ignition starts to clear this, or i can remove Battery cables, wait 30sec, touch + to - for 30sec, reconnect Battery terminals (i realize this will clear the computer 'soft' codes and the computer will have to re-learn certain performance traits), or i can take it to the dealer for the 'preferred' method of having them connect it to a computer that will read the code and reset it, whether it is a 'hard' or 'soft' code.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

gary

there is a rumour that with the door open turn the ignition round to the 'on' position, but not 'start' 17 times then count to 10 and do it 3 times more before starting ? not sure how true it is, but its free and got to be worth a go ?

Dont ever touch the + and - terminals together, i think someone may have been trying to tell you to use a small piece of wire and bridge the two terminals in the sensor as this will produce a '0' reading at the ecu and it will become 'reset' automatically, although i'm not 100% sure of the success rate of this method.

Good luck

Sounds like an Old Wifes Tale UnityJ...

Can't you pull the ECU fuse out for a couple of minutes and plug it back in to reset the ECU, works for a good couple of other Toyota's....

maybe, it came from a pretty reliable source and its used in a few engine tuning places as a 'quick reset' after fiddling with the engine, i've not yet had to try it out yet though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links