Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lucida Headlights

flyfisherman

Has any body out there had the problem of water getting into the headlamp array before, and if so how the b....y hell do you get the glass off to get behind to clear the problem?. Any ideas where I can get a manual that can guide owners through maintenance problems? :help:

• 2 weeks later...

hi there.

Just had the same problem with both my headlights which i have sorted, to get the headlights out you need to undo the two bolts on top of the lights, then undo the two bolts at the front of the bumber which hold the bumper to the car, you can get to these through the grill, then undo the inner wheel arch covers, where the bumper meets the wing there are 3 bolts, take these out then the bumper will pull away from the car, undo the light fittings and pull out the haedlight, you are now ready to re-seal the lights, what i did was trim all the excess glue around the seal, then with a hot air gun (paint stripper gun) go around the seal with the gun till the glue is slightly tacky, then use something to push the glue into the seal, i used a flatbladed screwdriver, once i had done this on both the headlights i then mixed some 2 part epoxy glue and put a good layer of glue around the seal, once this was set i also painted over the seal with some smoothright paint. Anyhow once all this was dry i then used my wifes hairdryer to dry the lights out.

Also pull off the little rubber tube at the back of the headlight and give a little blow down it to clear any crap thats in there, thats it done, refit and all should be ok, sounds like a long job, but takes about 10-15 mins to remove the lights and a couple hours to do the rest.

I have pressure washed the car a couple of times since and no moisture has appeared back, so fingers crossed.

Maybe it seems a little over the top but has worked for me, and considering that i was quoted £55 for each headlight well worth while me thinks.

Once I had the headlights back in place I also gave them a good polish with T-Cut, they look brand new now.

Hope this helps.

Mick.