Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Avensis Modifcations

mark.wallace@mawallace1.d

Just picked my car up from garage today following 40,000 service. the dealer says that it needs a midfied steering column to solve an annoying squeak and also modifed brakes to stop brake judder. My question, is this nornmal? Yes it is was the reply. At least it is still under warrenty.

Are there any other mods that members are aware of? Why has Toyota not told me about this before?

Just picked my car up from garage today following 40,000 service. the dealer says that it needs a midfied steering column to solve an annoying squeak and also modifed brakes to stop brake judder. My question, is this nornmal? Yes it is was the reply. At least it is still under warrenty.

Are there any other mods that members are aware of? Why has Toyota not told me about this before?

I`ve got the squek on my 2002 model but no problem with the brakes.

Any other members with these issues ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have just written a post about the squealing steering problem. In it I mentioned that my brakes had warped. After the placement of the steering rack and discs, both problems squealing and "juddering" while braking have returned.

Are these two linked?

I was told that the sterring rack problem was not a saftey issue but if its affecting the discs then it must be!

Glad to hear others are having the same problem ;)

Steering rack is just an annoyance, it has nothing to do with steering rack operation but plastic on the outside would deform under certain conditions and then create an squeal. I remember seeing an TSB for although we never had an actual complaint about it.