Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Peugeot 205 Experts?

FineCactus

My Grandfather has a 1990 1.6 Pug 205 Auto. (nice :lol: )

The thing keeps cutting out and losing power from time to time when its in drive. With a quick shift out of drive and a turn of the key it will re start no probem and your away again.

It doesnt do it all the time and I cant seem to place what it is. I have check all the obvious power cables etc because it feels like a electric fault but im just stumped.

Does anyone know where i can look to put right this problem. The car has low miles on the clock and is in good condition. So i dont want the old man to give it up.

Thanks ;)

try pug-performance.com

i know they do tuning but may be able to help

other than that no ideas

Does it lose power more when the engine is under load???

Sounds likea weak ignition to me... Ever get flat batterys?

Does it lose power more when the engine is under load???

Sounds likea  weak ignition to me... Ever get flat batterys?

Not a great deal. Last time it did it too me was when i was sat at 55 mph. Though it could have been just as i started to increase power a little. Its like when a old manual miss fires and you can dip the clutch and rev it a little to stop it but because its auto you cant.

Its only when the engine is nice and warm. Its a :censor: because it will only do it when driving.

?????????????????

If the ignition is based on a piezzo (sp) crystal type distributor it may be that the crystal is failing. Resistance increases as the temperature rises so any electrical faults will be exagerrated as the engine temperature rises.

My sons girlfriends mum has a corsa that kept breaking down when it got warmed up, we changed the dizzy (a piezzo crystal type) and its been fine since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links