Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Rear Lights For The Mr2...

Jimlad

What do you think are the best rear lights for the mr2?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think are the best rear lights for the mr2?

• Rev1
    • Rev3
    • Rogue Systems LED lights
    • Other

Thanks mate.

There just rev 3 lights which i tinted the the indicators on with a spray.

looks much better imo...

(tint spray is available from most halfords) ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JappyBeast

• ricomr2

• Roytoner

• dawolf

:thumbsup: spot on mate never thought about that..did it with my old car looked a miles better..might have to get my spray can out at the weekend..cheers :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Debatable topic this. I'm still uncertain whether to modify or change my standard rev 2 lights. Thing is I don't like any of the lexus or afterburner style lights, they change the look too dramatically. Rev 3 lights are very nice but seem expensive, plus you need centre panel. Some would say rev 2 lights look dated but I like them, tempted to tint them but would that be too chavy?

wouldn't be chavvy if you just tinted certain parts, i.e the indicators and reverse lights red to match. would look smart, a good contrast to the black paintwork,

Debatable topic this. I'm still uncertain whether to modify or change my standard rev 2 lights. Thing is I don't like any of the lexus or afterburner style lights, they change the look too dramatically. Rev 3 lights are very nice but seem expensive, plus you need centre panel. Some would say rev 2 lights look dated but I like them, tempted to tint them but would that be too chavy?

Had the rev6 lights on ours and the n/s light is not a good fit :crybaby: had to screw it down on the top under the boot, & I am not the only one that had to do this!! + the LED rings full with rain water after awhile and mist up so you need to replace them :crybaby: So at the end of the day the Rev 3 can lights work out cheaper :thumbsup:

Plus you dont have to change the center panel for Rev 3, just locate the reverse lamp somewhere else, ask Rico!

REV+ 3 US spec, as seen on Bibbs' car!

Even though i've got black chrome lexus rears on mine, and have been told they suit the car, i'd be more inclined to go with karma (above). If the external moddings gone all out then probs the rev6 afterburner style...

-Z

i really like the rev3 with rev1 center... u wouldnt happent to have a write-up of what you had to do would you rico?

p.s... i would look even more class with the light up mr2 Badge.

Its dead easy, take the square panel off, fit the rev3 lights and then keep shaving off the plastic till the panel fits back into place. You only get a tiny gap at the top and bottom.

ahh.. i thought so.. thanks a lot jappy. i was thinking that there was more too it than that cuz it seemed pretty easy to do.

ohh.. also forgot to ask... where did he relocate the reverse lights to? i was thinking of places to put it so it would look stock, but theres no place to put it?

Just behind the grill (plastic thingy!) down where the zorst is, pretty sure thats the place rico put his reverse light.

Or as jappy saidu can try putting a light behind the mr2 Badge, something ima do when i get some spare time just not got round to it yet!

I also used some body filller to smooth the edges and raise the centre panel, as the later rev lights stick out a bit more.

-Z

NICE looking rear there razor.

The whole red/black scheme looks mint!

-Z

My rev1 lights and my Lex lights light up all 4's.. what about all 6's with the Rev6 lights??

4 lit looks miles better than just 2 IMO.

i have the rev3 + tinted rear inticator lenses

tempted to go for dark chrome lexus though if anyone wants to px theirs

PICT0008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My 18 year old son reckons the standard lights on my 92 tubby are just perfect and I just have to agree with him, they look great especially when lit up at night. Why fix what isn't broke? :)

p.s... i would look even more class with the light up mr2 badge.

My 2 has a green / blue light up MR2 Badge in the middle of the rear pannel...is this a mod, or a revision mark, or standard ?? ;)

i think the clear lexus work on white cars as above but none other. prefer rev3 on a black car. rico;s looks really good.

As discussed above, i've got rev 3 lights with a rev 1 centre panel and i've tinted the indicators red to get rid of the horrible orange bit!

Very easy to do but i'm not sure it would suit all colours. Looks good on mine though (imo)

Oh and my reverse light is behind the exhaust grill :thumbsup:

568586_58_full.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links