Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Kind Of Car Are Glanzas Capable Of Beating?

Hardy87

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hardy87

• riko666

• Moffmo

• nrgizerbunny

not bad on the civic, very clean, thank god you didnt ruin it with boyracer stuff! :P civics are usually poor victims of those ppl

not bad on the civic, very clean, thank god you didnt ruin it with boyracer stuff! :P civics are usually poor victims of those ppl

Id have to agree (except im not a fan of sunstrips with writing on)

A glanza will not beat a vti ot type r .My mate has a vti and i can only keep up with him! Just wait a month or 2........mwahhahahaaha :hokus-pokus:

Glanza V, in all experiences arnt slow, but by any means arnt quick either :).

They sit next to:

AE111 20valve Bz-v/g/r levin's/trueno's

SIR Civic's

Mr2 NON turbo's

Most 2.0L non turbo cars out there actually... that arnt performance based (dont go trying to beat S2000's)

umm, yeh, anything around the 0-60 in 7 sec's.

180sx silvia do 0-60 in 7 seconds as well... but then again, they have longer legs (torque)... so just keep pulling at 60 onward...

but yes, not slow, not fast, LOTS of fun :D

Glanza will definitely beat my golf from 0-60. however over any distance i should have the glanza as i don't have to fill up as much.

IF you are worried about fuel, then the GLanza has a severe drink problem.

nrgizerbunny, Glanza's dont drink fuel if you drive then right. I can get around 250mile to a tank if im real easy its only if you drive it like you stole it you get a severe drink problem :)

Well i have been working out the money side of things and i cant stretch to a glanza so iam gona go for the starlet gt turbo instead. There lighter anyway arnt they? And on the civic thing the vti is quick 0-60 time is 7.3 seconds i think, they only start going at 4800rpm and r gutless lower down the rev range.

vtec kicks in around 6200rpm, below that they are fairly lethargic. the pre-facelift type-r (late body, i forget the model derivation) does 0-60 in 6.9secs, face-lifted type-r does it in 6.7secs

hey cozmo man, where you bin? you've disappeared from " that " site ;). and i think you'll find that "long legs" means horsepower, higher horserpower determines the top speed, torque determines acceleration, and depending on the torque curve, mid range acceleration. but yea, you're pretty much on the nail for the cars you mentioned...and i mean, whoever tries to go against a s2000....well it does 0-60 in 5.8secs (facelifted one with the new 2.2l engine, not sold in england....uk facelifts just get the new bodykit) does it in 5.6secs...

Gave a honda accord estate a run for his money today and also an xr3 hehe.

Honda vtec kicks in 5500rpm. I think i could probably keep up with my mates one, haven't tried.

From what i have read on most vtec engines the actuation point is 4800rpm apart fromt s2000 which gets exciting at 6000rpm thats according (No pun intended)to the Japanese performance magizine s2000 buyers guide any way.

Rubix, if I cane my car i get 45mpg, if i drive it conservatively I get 53mpg. thats almost 600miles on a tank!

Not sure how big the glanza tank is?

holy hell, i barely manage 200mi on a tank and thats driving relatively sedately! i think the highest i got was around 240mi when i used octane booster, but ive been getting lows of like 150mi a few times....id expect a bit more for £35 a tank :unsure:

to compair the Glanza to some bigger cars, Rubix managed to keep up with me (ST185 GT4) up to 90 leptons but only because i was stuck behind a slow ***** EvoVIII FQ330

not really! hehe. sometimes when im feeling a bit, dunno, "schumacherish" ill change gears close to the redline....but thats very seldom, i drive safely most of the time!

sometimes i try driving without going over 4000rpm and without fully depressing the throttle...but i still never got over 220mi...now i drive really little (just on weekends really) ive done 200mi and im nearly empty...last time i filled up was like 5 weeks ago...im cursed!

does your engine have a MAF sensor? if it does i think it might need a clean.

i think your tank is around 44liters = 9.6 UK gallon

200/9.6 is about 20mpg which is worse than dreadful! :( check that MAF sensor

between the air filter and the inlet manifold - if you have one.

failing that check the temperature sensor as it sounds like there is something wrong!!

mine is terrible on fuel.

i can easily use about £10 worth of fuel (12-14 litres) on a 50 mile run at a constant 70 mph.

where is this maf sensor? will it be in the intake pipe?

anyone got any ideas as to why mine is so bad on fuel? its been bad ever since i had my accident in it. :(

sorry for the thread hijack! :ph34r:

Rich.

MAF sensor stands for Mass Air Flow. usually found between the air filter and intake manifold, have alook to see if you can see any electircal plugs in there.

Modern Bosch, Valeo and Siemens engine management systems use MAF, not sure about the Denso/Fujitsu combo on the starlet

IT works out how much air is going into the engine and varies the fuel squirted in accordingly. Most newish cars have this type of arrangement, the starlet may not, i'll have to wait to go home and have a look.

anyway basically the MASS of air that goes into the engine is the important bit. If you live at altitude or on a hot day the density of air is less, so for a given volume, lets say 1 cubic meter, in winter the air may weigh 1.225kg but in summer it may weigh only 1.1kg. this makes a difference of up to 10% horsepower, and if your engine sprays in too much fuel then you get crap fuel consumption.

The starlet may have a temperature and/or air pressure sensor, I'll have a look in the haynes corolla manual to confirm, but it works on the same principle.

density = pressure /(287 x temperature in Kelvin)

the engine computer works out the mass of air from the above equation. those little plug in boxes on eBay work by fooling your ecu into thinking the engine is cold and it sprays in a rich mixture, which results in crap fuel consumption. similar kind of thing but thats based on engine temperature as opposed to atmospheric temperature.

I hope i haven't confused anyone. :(

Scutch,

Check your lambda sensor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links