Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jvc Head Unit

moaeedsajid

Hi,

Fitted a JVC unit with CD changer in my corolla 97 this week. I had used this unit in a 306 for over a year, with no problems.

Anyway, I used an adapter bought from Halfords and screwed the unit into the standard fitting, so nothing dodgy so far. CD changer went under the front passenger seat.

Two days later, enjoying the music when smoke started coming out of the head unit and air vents. I have removed the unit which doesn't smell too nice.

I was wondering, the JVC manual shows a 'direct speaker' connection (Page 3 at http://www.jvc.co.uk/files/installation_ma...x12install.pdf). Are the standard Corolla leads connected some other way.

The head unit isn't worth much, but I'm a little hesitant to spend money on a new unit, if the same thing is going to happen again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Just a thought...

I had used the adapter in an 89 Corolla I owned previously (on an Aiwa head unit). Is it possible wiring has changed between this and the 97 model.

Also, how do you fit your stereos and has anyone else had any issues/problems/stories?