Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powerflow Longlife Exhaust

phil3345

Any one tried the exhausts? Or does anyone know someone that has.

Thinking about getting one for my corolla t sport.

Asked about de-cat pipe £99 fitted not bad

had one on the old yaris and must say it was very good i also had the cat removed

i am going to get one on the new car next month along with a custom made coldair induction kit

Yeah longlife exhausts are top make it to your spec, size of pipe and sound!!! :P a very good replacement after my TTE Exhaust fell off after 30k!!!

full exhaust system on my corolla 3"pipe from cat and then rear box 4inch exhaust £350 including fitting and its got a long Guarantee :lol:

I've got Powerflow & I like it!! :D Nice noise without being stupidly loud. B)

Yep had a powerflow on my ae82, looked nice, sounded nice and didn't have a nova :angry: stylee tailpipe . what more can i say

what sort of exhaust should i be looking for to fit to my yaris 1.0, as the current exhaust does look pretty gash!

£99 fitted sounds a very good deal

sam :hokus-pokus:

the £99 fitted was just the decat pipe phil3345 whole exhaust cost me £260 fitted, prices from my local powerflow guy are £160 backbox, £100 rest of system but it depends on the car

97paseo

I really like the way you have quoted your mods ... would it be poss to make a post on how this is done as it is really useful and may encourage others to do similar

chears

97paseo

I really like the way you have quoted your mods ... would it be poss to make a post on how this is done as it is really useful and may encourage others to do similar

chears

Thanks!

Its dead easy for those who are unsure, hit 'My Controls' at the top of your screen in bold, then you just 'edit your signature' in personal profile stating you're mods, if you want to link it to a website - hit the 'http://' button and insert the website address, then when it asks you to name the site punch in a name like 'momo' and job done. :)

Hope that helps.

The only thing I dont get is Toyota spend a lot of time getting the

tuning of the exhaust to match the car.When you take it to one of these places

all they do is put it on a ramp bend the pipes and put 2 stock boxes on.

No tuning just hit and miss.How do HKS do it?DO they research and test

or just slap boxes on?When you buy a janspeed exhaust it has been

tested for the car it goes on.I used to have a 205 gti 1.9 and one

of the car mags did a test.THere was only one exhaust which was better than

the standard one a Scorpion.We need a mag to do a test lets all write to max power

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the exhasut manufacturers will test their products on the vehicle in question before selling it on the open market, obviously different companies spend different amounts of time and money getting the configuration of their prducts correct as this doen't only apply to exhausts....

In the case of exhausts different companies try and achieve different things, some power, some looks and the better ones a combination of the two...

It's never just hit and miss as the product would get a slating as soon as someone bought and installed it....

Max power :D :D :D :D

when I popped over to long life I watched them fit an exhaust

When I asked the guy fitting thats what he told me that they use stock boxes

so you could have the same box as a nova aaaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!!!

Seriously tho it does need to be tuned to the car it goes on or all F1 cars would be

going to powerflow :lol:

I was told that honda delayed the launch of the intergra type r because the

exhaust wasnt right

I agree that a box must fit the right car but surely a stock box will only be stock for the type of car it's on, a stock box for a Yaris would have different connectors to an Mr2 for example, don't know powerflow, maybe they have a modular approach where a connector could connect to a decat pipe which could connect to a back box for example....

Then again, maybe I'm just talking out of my :censor:

Phil does have a point though something they dont tellyou when you go to get a powerflow fitted is that there are three different types of center box they can use and generally two types of back box they can use, providing loads of combinations all with different effects.

i did my homework before i went for mine (powerflow) on my ae92 gti, i knew that the power would suffer with anything over 2" and that 42mm is optimum for NA 4age i had to settle for 48mm but that worked ok, i then told them that i didnt want it loud but didnt want them to use 'restrictor' center boxes and i would rather they used 'resonator' over 'freeflow' ones instead, the guys jaw nearly dropped when i asked for this :D and in the rear i wanted a freeflow box but with restrictors in the tail pipe !!!

then i asked for the overall length of the system to be 2" shorter than stock which really shook him.....but he managed to loose it in the bends :)

How did i know all this ? well lets just say Relatives abroad with close TRD connections LOL.

generally the powerflow guys are trained and they also have a basic 'menu' for most cars that is close enough. :)

Thanks for the very useful info, will come in handy for my MK1....

Don't suppose your close links to TRD know where to get hold of an inlet manifold for the 4-age so I can fit the carb's on :)

They dont tell you any of that in the exhaust places.

They weld the boxes in place rhaines but put joints in the pipes before the box

My mate works for quickfit bit of an exhaust expert :bookworm: told me that they dont know what they are doing Unity Jon proves it :lol:

But they do have nice tailpipes

most of the boxes in the market are universal so they can fit almost every car.....so for some cars those boxes are not too good.....if you can afford you can buy a box which is specially manufactured for the specific car and this is probably effective