Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Springs

admanirv

THis isnt a plug for selling my springs, i just want to give some accurate info as im putting them up on eBay.

what drop rating are they, so if i fitted it to a standard yaris what would it drop it by?

thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dicey2k

• admanirv

• scionic

• Ryan1985

THis isnt a plug for selling my springs, i just want to give some accurate info as im putting them up on ebay.

what drop rating are they, so if i fitted it to a standard yaris what would it drop it by?

thanks

Its a 20mm drop on standard Yari suspension i think. Its been posted in this forum somewhere before if i'm not mistaken!!

THis isnt a plug for selling my springs, i just want to give some accurate info as im putting them up on ebay.

thanks

Its a 20mm drop on standard Yari suspension i think. Its been posted in this forum somewhere before if i'm not mistaken!!

thanks for that, ive been looking but havent found posts yet

There isn't such a thing as T-Sport springs, T-Sport springs are exactly the same springs I had on my 1 litre! Same size and don't drop any Yaris any lower! :thumbsup:

There isn't such a thing as T-Sport springs, T-Sport springs are exactly the same springs I had on my 1 litre! Same size and don't drop any Yaris any lower! :thumbsup:

ah okay, some people are selling them on eBay and saying it drops them. ah well

How has a t-sport got 'uprated' suspension then??

As far as I know it hasn't??? Maybe harder shocks, not 100% sure though!

Someone with a T-Sport might come along soon and give us a definitive answer! :thumbsup:

As far as I know it hasn't??? Maybe harder shocks, not 100% sure though!

Someone with a T-Sport might come along soon and give us a definitive answer! :thumbsup:

im sure t sport is 20mm loer than standard, i thought that was due jsut to springs?

or its the chaisis bits that actaully lower?

Well jaxx said it was to do with the chassis and I like to take his word for it, he knows his stuff! :thumbsup:

for your information, official height figures from toyota are:

T-Sport 1485mm

all other yarii 1500mm

this makes the T-Sport 15mm lower than other models - now bare in mind it has 15inch alloys on it which lift the car up that extra distance.......

so as far as I can see the springs and/or shocks do cause the car to ride lower.

T-Sport CHASSIS is lower than standard Yarii...

The Springs are the SAME on TS and Standard Yarii...

The only Yarii which are lowered on springs as STANDARD are the SR's which have 30mm TTE lowering springs on.

Hope this helps!

(Funny how this keeps coming up, there's some complete numpties selling springs on eBay... by rights they should get busted by eBay according to their policies!!)

:thumbsup:

T-Sport CHASSIS is lower than standard Yarii...

The Springs are the SAME on TS and Standard Yarii...

The only Yarii which are lowered on springs as STANDARD are the SR's which have 30mm TTE lowering springs on.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for very much mate. Ill use that info.

thats strant because according the the official toyota documentation the car is not just 15mm smaller (as a lower chasis would give) but the ground clearence is also exactally 15mm less.

this means that the car is 15mm lower from the wheels up, working out the numbers the chasis is the same size and height as the other models (slightly longer) but the ride heght and ground clearence is lower.

This can mean only one thing: The springs/shocks are 15mm lower.

and like i said before, thats not taking in account the extra ride height from the wheels, even with that its still lower.

I would find it very strange is the SR had TTE springs on and the TS didn't considering how its the "sport" model and the top spec of the range.

Ask Yves, Jaxx anyone

They will tell you the same... I'd imagine!

Don't forget the TS has a different bumper and side skirts ;)

*shrugs*

fair do's but im just going of the information toyota provide :)

there is no such thing as tsport springs, there are the same, compare them side by side, they are the same, tsports are only 20mm lower due to the chassis setup, which is why if you put -40mm springs in, IT will lower 40mm!!

And rob the SR had -20mm TTE springs, not the normal -30 ones you can buy afterwards....

What about the spring RATES though, as far as stiffness.

I know the US market Echo and the Scion xA have the same suspension height as my car, but my car has stiffer springs and shocks/struts.

That's an important selling point if the T-sport has a stiffer spring rate, and I would think it would.

there is no such thing as tsport springs, there are the same, compare them side by side, they are the same, tsports are only 20mm lower due to the chassis setup, which is why if you put -40mm springs in, IT will lower 40mm!!

And rob the SR had -20mm TTE springs, not the normal -30 ones you can buy afterwards....

Yeah sorry matt - Typo!

The T-Sport is a much firmer ride than the standard Yaris and won't roll as much around corners and holds the road a lot better.

Drive one and see for yourself :thumbsup:

I have driven one, in fact i've driven 2!

Again, i think its more to do with the chassis than the springs! I'm pretty sure the springs are identical part numbers to the standard Yarii ones!

hmmm... surely they can't be the same springs?

The ride is much much stiffer in the TS.. the chasis alone won't account

for this.

TS does ride 20mm lower, I can look out me my TS and my Wife's 1L and it's nothing to do with lovwer bumpers etc...wing mirrors level is much lower and roof line is lower...sure hte car can sit lower on the springs...but this doesn't explain the extra stiffness?

Not looked at the parts..so htis is just out of driving them!

The T-Sport is a much firmer ride than the standard Yaris and won't roll as much around corners and holds the road a lot better.

Drive one and see for yourself :thumbsup:

I would, but I can't.

We don't get a "T-sport" Echo here. There is only the Echo and the Scion xA (Toyota Ist) and my car, which comes with the much stiffer springs.

What I suspect is that my car just comes with T-sport parts to counteract the boxiness, since I have found out I've got the same final drive as a T-sport as well.

hmmm...  surely they can't be the same springs?

The ride is much much stiffer in the TS.. the chasis alone won't account

for this.

TS does ride 20mm lower, I can look out me my TS and my Wife's 1L and it's nothing to do with lovwer bumpers etc...wing mirrors level is much lower and roof line is lower...sure hte car can sit lower on the springs...but this doesn't explain the extra stiffness?

Not looked at the parts..so htis is just out of driving them!

i know the shocks are smaller on a tsport and i guess the dampening is different