Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Springs

admanirv

T-Sport chassis is engineered to be lower, then it has lower profile tyres and the shocks/dampening is uprated to be stiffer. Then it has skirts all round. All this adds up to give the measurements that toyota deliver to you through the brochure.

The springs are the same on the TS as with any other the Yaris, it's the dampning and lower chassis that make it lower and stiffer.

The SR has -20mm springs (i think!) and the reason the TS doesn't is because the SR was released before the TS and the TS was a whole different car in terms of chassis engeneering, thus removing the need for lowered, stiffened suspension.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dicey2k

• admanirv

• scionic

• Ryan1985

There's more than one factor at work here. There is spring height and then there is spring RATE. My springs are interchangable with an Echo or a Scion xA and the ride height is the same, but the spring rate is different. Spring rate is specified in lbs. I don't have the exact numbers at hand, but I know that the standard Echo/xA spring rate is something like 120lbs whereas mine is more like 145lbs. Shocks/dampeners and struts are somewhat seperate. They control the up/down movement after the initial impact, but are also an important part of the equation. Mismatched springs and shocks make for a busy or rough ride. Generally speaking whenever doing major suspension mods, both should be replaced and matched appropriately.

Does anyone know where to find the actual spring rates for these cars? I had a Japanese link a while back for the spring rates for the US Scion xb versus the JDM bB (which had the usual Vitz rate, same as Echo and probably the regular Yarii) but I can't seem to find it now!

There's more than one factor at work here. There is spring height and then there is spring RATE. My springs are interchangable with an Echo or a Scion xA and the ride height is the same, but the spring rate is different. Spring rate is specified in lbs. I don't have the exact numbers at hand, but I know that the standard Echo/xA spring rate is something like 120lbs whereas mine is more like 145lbs. Shocks/dampeners and struts are somewhat seperate. They control the up/down movement after the initial impact, but are also an important part of the equation. Mismatched springs and shocks make for a busy or rough ride. Generally speaking whenever doing major suspension mods, both should be replaced and matched appropriately.

Does anyone know where to find the actual spring rates for these cars? I had a Japanese link a while back for the spring rates for the US Scion xb versus the JDM bB (which had the usual Vitz rate, same as Echo and probably the regular Yarii) but I can't seem to find it now!

Yes but if you read the posts...

THE SPRINGS ARE THE SAME

IDENTICAL

THE SAME PART NUMBER

THUS THE SAME RATES

UGH! :ffs:

i ntoiced something odd when washing my t-sport yesturday. I have to move my car back to open the garage and get my pressure washer out.... anyway, sometimes i put the bucket behind my car and i push it into the bucket (muppet). On my old 1 litre yaris it would actually knock into it.... my ts goes over it and misses!

Must be down to the different rear bumper.

Dunno if i'm going to be able to get up my drive when i have the TTE springs on mine, it very very nearly grounds now, especially when i'm backing off (We can't back off straight because we have a very thin street as chriscanavan will vouch for me!!!)

This could be amusing... :lol:

Might be alright because i'm staying on the standard bumper etc, i'll have to let you know how i get on with a little photo assistance of course!

as far as i know, the springs are exactly th same on the t-sport and the normal yaris. since ive owned both cars, the t-sport is a stiffer setup, but i think it has different shock absorbers, but it is aparently the chassis that is 20mm lower, not the springs or shocks...

so i am led to believe anyway...

Rob go up your driveway at an angle, that always helps! :thumbsup:

I need to go over some mega high speedbumps around here and I need to go over them at a wild angle much to the annoyance of on-coming vehicles! :)

admanirv: yeh thats right, got gmax springs on now. got my t-sport ones lyin around here somewhere lol

Hey a$$hole, I don't see PART NUMBER MENTIONED !Removed! anywhere in this thread. Just a bunch of people insisting the springs are the same.

we dont talk to each other like that around here - we treat each other more more respect than that.

I'm asking nicely - please dont do it again :thumbsup:

Whatever.

Ban me.

I could care less.

I never said I'd ban you.

I asked you nicely to not insult other members

we dont talk to each other like that around here - we treat each other more more respect than that.

I may have to disagree with you there Matthew, on the gold forum me and scionic have had a right pasting from certain members.

Observation...

Why has this springs thread turned into a personal attack thread?

PLEASE GET THIS BACK ON TOPIC OR ITS TOAST :bye:

I may have to disagree with you there Matthew, on the gold forum me and scionic have had a right pasting from certain members.

I know.

but - these public forums have a stricter set of terms and conditions.

now - lets stay on topic.

if this discussion needs to continue - start a fresh topic

<steering back onto topic...>

So, if the springs are the same and it's the T Sport chassis that makes the difference, what is the difference?

Dunno if i'm going to be able to get up my drive when i have the TTE springs on mine, it very very nearly grounds now, especially when i'm backing off (We can't back off straight because we have a very thin street as chriscanavan will vouch for me!!!)

This could be amusing...  :lol:

Might be alright because i'm staying on the standard bumper etc, i'll have to let you know how i get on with a little photo assistance of course!

You'll be fine at an angle.... the only thing that'll catch are the crappy flappy black things at the front.... mine do it at my girlfriends house if i go in straight or reverse straight, or come out in reverse of forward, but at an angle, it's fine.

This could be amusing...  :lol:

yup its a pain to back off his drive. mine didnt catch when reversin off ur drive rob and its only 1cm higher than wot urs will be when lowered, so u should be fine

Hey a$$hole, I don't see PART NUMBER MENTIONED &#33;Removed&#33; anywhere in this thread. Just a bunch of people insisting the springs are the same.

I'm asking nicely - please dont do it again :thumbsup:

Thanks Matt.

I never mentioned a part number on here for the record, i'm saying that they are the same part number if you get the Toyota parts list out.

No need to be so offensive!

yup its a pain to back off his drive. mine didnt catch when reversin off ur drive rob and its only 1cm higher than wot urs will be when lowered, so u should be fine

Thats good to know chris, i'm off work soon for the summer so i think they will be going on then, its study leave as of tomorrow so i'm going to be bored ;)

Rob go up your driveway at an angle, that always helps! :thumbsup:

I need to go over some mega high speedbumps around here and I need to go over them at a wild angle much to the annoyance of on-coming vehicles! :)

Sound advice there too mate... Should be ok if chris thinks it will be!

im tempted to see if i can get mine fitted tomorrow or saturday. and risk not tellin the insurance for the last month as its due on 19th june. wot do ya think? shall i wait?

It only cost me £25 extra on my insurance - a bargain really.

I've already scraped the front of mine once, but that was going through the stream on the way down the track from my parents' house. You shouldn't have any bother with speed bumps nor with driveways unless their ridiculously steep and awkward.

I have mudflaps too and I'm sure they won't help...

:thumbsup:

A

<steering back onto topic...>

So, if the springs are the same and it's the T Sport chassis that makes the difference, what is the difference?

The T-Sport is close to the ground as standard, obviously giving a better centre of gravity and less roll...

Did anyone actually find out if the shockers on the TS are different to the standard ones, that might be interesting?

Getting mine fitted in a few weeks, just need to find somewhere that will do it for a good price! Chriscanavan, did you find out the price at Tyldesley Tyres mate? :thumbsup:

It only cost me £25 extra on my insurance - a bargain really.

I've already scraped the front of mine once, but that was going through the stream on the way down the track from my parents' house. You shouldn't have any bother with speed bumps nor with driveways unless their ridiculously steep and awkward.

I have mudflaps too and I'm sure they won't help...

:thumbsup:

A

Alan why did you pay extra on an dealer option, You should have to pay anything as its a standard toyota part :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links