Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Guess Who Is Getting A New Windscreen?

Matthew_McNally

Was coming back from Oldham, cruising on the M56 - about 75 - 80.

There were no road works or such, and I had a good safe distance between me and the car in front.

Was an almighty crack - scared me ****less.

Looked around in the mirrors, checked for warning lights - then noticed the huge cracks in my windscreen.

I had gone under a bridge - checked my rear view mirror, butby the time I could see the bridge, it was a bit too far away to tell if there was anyone on there.

some pics.

closeup

43600010_G_004.sized.jpg

from inside

43600012_G_003.sized.jpg

from a distance

43600014_G_003.sized.jpg

what a :censor: beauty eh? :censor: :censor:

Spoke to the RAC windscreen repair guy today - they will be out tomorrow.

I have asked them to order a new one - no way thats gonna be repairable!

Was a real scare at the time - the noise was immense, I actualy thought I had been shot at for a few seconds.

Gosh - thats gone straight through! Thats one almighty stone chip Matt!

Must've scared the living bejesus out of you! :eek:

Ooh, nasty! Still, easily replaced, eh? And at least that gorgeous paintwork is intact! :yes:

Good job it didn't hit any bodywork..........would be very expensive :wacko:

Joe

it did.

why do you think I didn't show a pic of the drivers seat :eek:

:lol::lol:

it did.

why do you think I didn't show a pic of the drivers seat :eek:

:lol::lol:

PMSL! :lol::lol::lol:

bejesus! makes you wonder if some numpty was on the bridge <_<

the rock must have though... hell no i aint hitting that polish!

:eek: That's huge!

It makes me mad to hear of when people do things like this - it's so idiotic :ffs:

thats nasty Matt :( but as has been said already it could have been even worse if it had landed on your paint esp the bonnet.

O my ouch and hurt and pain and WOW...........

Thank god it didnt hit u - as you know can happen when a projectile hits glass it sometimes comes through.........

Ouchie! Some "person" once dropped a brick onto a hire car my folks were in hust outside Paris. It put an almighty dent in the bonnet (and my dad's credit card - he hadn't taken the excess waiver :rolleyes: ).

Glad you're okay though

A

Blimey!!!!

A big stone hit my car on the way back from the nurburgring... only it bounced off the bonnet before it hit the screen.. the stone chip on the windscreen was minimal... but there isa scuff/dent on the bonnet!!!

Its sop annoying because there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to avoid it!

ouch - thats not good - are you getting it replaced under Insurance?

should be mate - yeah.

RAC have my insurance details. fully comp - so should only cost £50 and not affect my NCB (which is protected anyway).

you guys are right - very lucky it never hit the bodywork - I wouldnt be getting away with it so easily had it hit the bonnet or roof :eek:

:angry: question : why didn't you come and say HELLO :D

While over here??

BTW there is a lot of it going about around hereat the mo. they are putting it down to 'kids if you can call 18+ sodding KIDS :censor:

:angry:  question : why didn't you come and say HELLO  :D

While over here??

Didnt know you were there! :D

was at Drury Lane garage in Oldham, getting a full geometery checkup.

all was spot on :thumbsup:

will be back up there to have it rechecked when I fit the coilovers - can let you know before hand if you like?

:angry:   question : why didn't you come and say HELLO  :D

While over here??

Didnt know you were there! :D

was at Drury Lane garage in Oldham, getting a full geometery checkup.

all was spot on :thumbsup:

will be back up there to have it rechecked when I fit the coilovers - can let you know before hand if you like?

Please would be good to meet you :thumbsup:

Please would be good to meet you  :thumbsup:

will do :thumbsup:

always good to meet :D

By the way what time was you there?

got there about 10:15 - was there until about 12ish I think

Yeah, the bodywork avoidance is a 'praise be', and chances are the old screen was a bit cobwebby and due for replacement, so luck there.

I remember kids used to drop stuff of bridges in Peterborough, down the Parkway. Could kill someone. Hate to say, but a socially unaware group known as 'travellers' was nearby and given the blame by police. I hate bigotry, but to avoid it you've got to tow the line like the rest of us.

There's a craze in the city near where I live ( Tampere, Finland, Nokia's global HQ). Kids target the most expensive kudos cars they can find and jump up and down like hell on the roof and bonnet to trash them. I did some outrageous things as an adolescent, but I'd never hurt anyone like that.

I'm somewhat concerned over the windscreen on my new Avensis (still on the production line in the UK, due here mid-June). The radio antenna and wiper heating are built into the windscreen, making a replacement costly. One stone or metal a stud from someone else's winter tire and -30 turns a chip into the Grand Canyon across the glass.

FYI: Avensis most sold in class in Finland, Corolla most sold in Finland and worldwide (could be because they never changed the name!). Reliability counts over here, and nothing holds its value like a Toyota.

I remember kids used to drop stuff of bridges in Peterborough, down the Parkway. Could kill someone.

we had exactly the same incident by us not too long ago.

we were actually turned away from the bypass by police on the day of the accident - its a road we use very regularly

It does make some noise when it strikes the windscreen though! :yes:

God to get it sorted straight away; I didnt repair my windscreen after 2 wee chips formed in it then came out to the car one day in the cold weather and there was a nasty big crack the length of the windscreen between the 2 points. Glad im fully comp!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links