Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mods For A 94 Carina E

fatphilb

Hi guys, Im new to this forum, but be warned, Im a serial spammer on other Car forums! I've just aquired a 94 Carina E (will be getting hold of it in a couple of weeks) Although the mileage is quite high, Im not too concerned as Toyota cars are superbly built (IMHO). Anyway, as im not familiar with the Carina, Ive been scouring the net for inspiration on some tasty modifications. Im on a tight budget, otherwise Id whip it off to a bodyshop like Mynheer to get some cool custom work. But as Im skint, Im looking for ideas, and preferably internet sites with other pictures of modified Carina's and parts for sale.

Ive been thinking I'm gonna start by sticking on some new wheels when I get hold of the Car as Im getting a bonus from my work in a months time. Is there anything I should know about specific wheel offsets when it comes to choosing new rims? Also, if I fit 17's, can anyone suggest tyres which will make it easier to fit them on, or is this generally speaking not a problem?

My next question is regarding bodykits, or styling accesories. Are there any companies which produce bodykits for the Carina, or will I need to modify similar car's parts to fit?

Okay thats it for now...

Looking forward to becoming a regular on this forum :D

Phil

:wacko: ive spent the best part of four hours scouring the internet for carina related info, but to little avail... i did find a nice site in german which i translated through altavista babelfish...

I managed to find a nice looking carina, which is pictured (almost) in standard form below... after a little jiggery pokery with ulead photo express, i kind of painted what i am looking to do to the car, basically to see if anyone has spotted kit which looks like what ive drawn...

i did some colour coding with the mirrors and bumpstrips, debadged the grille, tinted the windows, added some nice multispokes, extended the lip of the bonnet and painted on a big fat chunky bumper and sideskirts.... okay, you have to squint a bit, but this is what im gonna try and build :thumbsup: Hope you guys like my vision :ph34r:

and heres the vision (remember to squint a little when you look at it <_<

post-4-1054611694.jpg

Buy an IS200 - they look like that as standard :D

Seriously look at the lexus kits as what your looking for kinda strikes me to be very much what the IS200 looks like - you might be able to mod a kit to fit on yours.

Steve.

Why not start with induction kit and exhaust, may not be the most important aesthetic modification but definately helps squeeze a few more gg's out of the old girl and makes her feel a lot more repsonsive....

If your after doing work to the car over the long run it would be cheaper to join gold as for £25 a year you get discount at over 50 outlets around the uk selling all sorts of wierd and wonderful toyota bits and bobs...

There's a gold member post I posted earlier which has more detail but will defo save you a bundle :)

throw in a 3s-gte. it will fit as the gti version was fitted with the n/a version of this engine and will be good for 300+bhp when the right tuning bits are put on it :drool:

Hey, thanks for the quick response :) As Im a student, i probably wont be goin for any performance mods for the time being, especially as the 1.6 engine will be enough on insurance for me for the time being. Other than fitting an exhaust and an induction kit. To be honest, Im more into getting the looks right, I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you sit on looks vs performance. Im not saying i won't ever do anything to it, but i reckon I wanna sort out the looks first.

Been doin a little more searchin on the net, and found a company called Raceland, who make cheap as recliners :D I was thinkin bout savin money on a retrim by doing the majority of it myself, by getting the same material from Raceland that they make their seats with. This is gonna be a long project for me as its my first, and Im stoney broke, but its a better way to channel my money than pissin it up every weekend!

Also, I know the wheels Im wantin to put on, I've attached the pic below :) Scanned straight from this months Max Power, Wolfrace Matrix :D As David Dickinson would say "cheap as chips" Talkin bout £100 for 18x7.5!!! And when you look at how mad the wheel is, im sure you will agree this is a **** hot deal, think its £90 for each corner on 17x7's... Available in chrome too :P

matrixs.jpg

Hi Phil

Did you know that the Carina was used in the BTCC in its hey day? Try this link (if it works)http://freespace.virgin.net/tjl.thegrove/toyotahistory.htm

If you're on a budget and ain't we all? Then I would suggest slamming it, I mean to the ground!!! Fit the 18's you like. I think that the standard boot spoiler smartens up the back end aswell. Morette also made/make a twin headlight conversion for the Carina e, which looks great (are they still in fashion with Maxheads?) They are rather expensive £350'ish but you may be extremely lucky and pick up a s/h set. And finally to really attract the attention that you obviously desire go for some racing graphics.

You could carry the racing theme into the interior aswell for the real street racer look.

The gti Carina had twin exit exhausts, one either side. I don't know if this can be grafted onto the 1.6 engine (I'm a bit naive when it comes to the mechanical side).

Hope I have helped to inspire you.

Wow! That was cool, i never realised the pedigree of the Carina!

I think I'm gonna stay away from the race-graphics idea, if you wanna see what i've got planned check out my homepage :)) I wanna make it look all smooth and gangsta!

f a t p h i l b . c o . u k

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps............I'm not sure if this is the right thread to leave my problem with, but some of you seem to have similar shaped cars cars (yes, thats what it's come to). But, I'm having a tw*t of a time starting my K reg Carina 1.6 Gli, I'm almost certain the problem is electrical, co's when it does start there's no further problem.

When you turn the key it just clicks away (about 20 time or sometimes first time!?) until it eventually starts. Then runs fine.

It's driving me nuts.....solenoids and ignition starter switches have been mentioned but i'm still in the dark.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nice one.

post-4-1060249878.jpg

HI m8 think your problem might b loose Battery connectors check your Battery for loose cables i had same prob and it was my Battery loose give em a tighten get back to me tell me if tightening battery bolts works

My dad has got a 93 carina 2.0 executive in metallic gold. I always thought it would look good with colour coded side strips, mirrors, etc; de-badged; tinted windows; 17" OZ super leggra style alloys (fox do a cheap version) and lowered. Just my opinion though!

First - congrats on your car, you must have gotten it by now :-)

I've got a Carina E 2.0 GLI myself and I love it - will love it even more when I've got a newly bought 3SGTE engine into it :-)

6928.jpg

DHB097.jpg

wheels are 215/40 on 17" ET40 and even if mine is lowered 40mm there are NO problems with it .. 205/45-17 fits on fine too

now I just realized that you maybe do not use mm. for measurement :-) .. newbie at this forum ;-)

some spoilers can be found here http://www.boostertuning.com/

as you see I've fitted a F50-bonnet into it. I have seen Carina E's with CS scoops as well, looks COOL to :-)

sadly some other f*ckups also liked my car and stole it .. found it like this the same day.

602a.jpg

It is soon back on track again though :-)

kind regards

Christian Soerensen, DK

throw in a 3s-gte. it will fit as the gti version was fitted with the n/a version of this engine and will be good for 300+bhp when the right tuning bits are put on it :drool:

Don't get me started on mods for my Carina, I've spent enough on the IS200. :lol:

sadly some other f*ckups also liked my car and stole it .. found it like this the same day.

602a.jpg

It is soon back on track again though :-)

kind regards

Christian Soerensen, DK

Sorry to see what happened to your car Christian hope you are back on the road soon :thumbsup:

On a seperate note, isn't there a club in Denmark just for carina's and avensis's?

Sorry to see what happened to your car Christian hope you are back on the road soon :thumbsup:

On a seperate note, isn't there a club in Denmark just for carina's and avensis's?

Hey .. thanks :yes:

All things taken of the car was found, the *****s must have gotten interrupted .. but damages amout to some 38.000 DKK .. about 3.600 £ :censor: (luckily I'm insured and it won't cost me a thing)

It actually is on the road, but I haven't gotten my new bonnet yet so I'm driving around with af borrowed one .. in the meantime I've installed a 2-way alarm with such features as remote starting, automatic start at certain temperatures and so on :thumbsup:

there are yet no clubs just for Carina's and Avensis' but you will find plenty of Carinas and some Avensis at Toyotaextreme and TCD .. under galleri/billeder you should be able to find a way to sort the members cars into models :hokus-pokus:

Toyotaextreme has som 2.500 members and TCD has just reached 500 members (TCD is older, but has undergone some changes)

kind regards

Christian Soerensen, DK

It actually is on the road, but I haven't gotten my new bonnet yet so I'm driving around with af borrowed one .. in the meantime I've installed a 2-way alarm with such features as remote starting, automatic start at certain temperatures and so on  :thumbsup:

there are yet no clubs just for Carina's and Avensis' but you will find plenty of Carinas and some Avensis at Toyotaextreme and TCD .. under galleri/billeder you should be able to find a way to sort the members cars into models  :hokus-pokus:

Toyotaextreme has som 2.500 members and TCD has just reached 500 members (TCD is older, but has undergone some changes)

kind regards

Christian Soerensen, DK

Glad your up and running again.

Also welcome to the club Christian :thumbsup:

I'm off to have a look through the sites you have put up now ;)

Also welcome to the club Christian :thumbsup:

I'm off to have a look through the sites you have put up now ;)

thank you very much .. I would have postet direct links, but can't as the company that I work for have blocked the access too these two sites .. go figure :!Removed!: hehe

well .. only for a few more minutes, then I'm off the clock and the sites aren't blocked .. this is why I'm now part of 4 international forums .. or so ;-)

Just had a quick look and on the first site a lot of very nice carina's and avensis's :yes: And on the second site i just clicked on girls and totally forgot why i was there :lol::drool:

Will have a proper look through them both later :thumbsup:

Just had a quick look and on the first site a lot of very nice carina's and avensis's :yes: And on the second site i just clicked on girls and totally forgot why i was there :lol::drool:

Will have a proper look through them both later :thumbsup:

hehe .. gotta love 'em .. enjoy :drool:

[Just spent 2 hours looking at the cars on that site, some very damn fine one's on their Christian :thumbsup:

Didn't see an Avensis like mine though :D But a few wasn't far off :o

thanks .. we DO have nice cars in DK ;-)

did you see this one among the Avensis'

http://www.toyotaextreme.dk/kobvi.asp?id=3...34714&ForumID=2

and another cool one ..

http://www.toyotaextreme.dk/brugsedeb.asp?bil=977

I'm looking forward to taking new photos of my Carina though .. :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links