Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakepads For A 92 Cynos?

cruisinirishcynos

hey, can anyone tell me has the cynos got its own brakepad or will a corolla or starlet ones do?cheers guys help appreciated!

im not too sure, and im not sure if starlet ones will either cause they have various brake pad sizes throughout the range. Id just go with paseo pads, but be very careful with what you're buying and make sure its specifically for your car...i got some generic ones on eBay and the clips dont even fit on the pads...

Do NOT get paseo pads for the Cynos... they will not work & will damadge the disk (i found out the hard way)

unfortunatly not many people carry the pads.

i was told that late model corolla pads work & ive tried a set but cannot guarentee they work.

J

got pads eventually the guy in the shop said they also suited a corolla went home and sure enough they did the job!discovered the righthand side wheel bearings getting pretty knackered to so gonna need a new one a those too <_< also theres a cracking noise when i turn the wheels could it be the drives going?cheers guys B)

i have a set of starlet pads from the glanza.. and they are exactly the same as the seo.. so are the calipers and discs.

i thought the cynos was the same setup as the paseo??

so did i - but the disks are bigger than the 'seo 2nd gen & the pads are differant too.

J

hello, i wanna !Removed! this thread a bit, heehee

basically, I was checking out the ebc brakes site seeing as I want to replace my pads as the ones I bought didnt fit....basically, there are two sets for the gen2...1996 - 1997 & 1996 - 1999....and the part numbers are different...which do I use ?!

• 3 months later...

It's a common misconception that just because the pad shape is the same the pad is no different.

This is not correct as Toyota have certain friction compounds for certain models.

Ok, to answer your question "cruisinirishcynos" :

Toyota part number 04465-10040 is the the one your after.

Cheers,

P. ;)

Hey Paul - could you find the calliper & disk numbers for the Cynos?

cheers.

J

Rotors :

43512-16080

L/H caliper 47750-10111

R/H caliper 47730-10111

Cheers,

P. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links