Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Consumption

ciribobs

Help My w reg 1.4 corolla is using 2ltr of oil per 500 miles.

Last year it had a head gasket replaced under warranty so I presumed that it had gone again. I have no oil on the drive or any signs from the exhaust.

I took it in to toyota dealer who checked it over and suggested the piston rings needed replacing. I said I would think about it but did not want the work done as being honest I could not afford this.

The service manager called me back and suggested that he put on my report that they could not find anything wrong with it and that I should contact toyota take out an extended warranty. He then suggested I call him back in 6 weeks with the same problem and he was 98% sure the warranty would cover this. Of course I said no thankyou.

why is it burning oil

why do the piston rings need replacing on a 5 year old car

I chose toyota for reliability

I dont know what to do

Hi,

Is it the VVti engine?

And how many miles have you done, for the piston rings to go on a car of this age is would be very surprising indeed, unless driven excessivelly hard, or without correct oil etc.

Is it confirmed that the car is 'burning' the oil rather than just leaking it out?

Hi,

Is it the VVti engine?

And how many miles have you done, for the piston rings to go on a car of this age is would be very surprising indeed, unless driven excessivelly hard, or without correct oil etc.

Is it confirmed that the car is 'burning' the oil rather than just leaking it out?

It has 45k on the clock

full service history

yes it is a vvti

no it isnt driven hard its driven by my wife who will not go over 55mph on the motorway?

it is confirmed its not leaking out

Culvers told me that the reason I could not see oil coming out of the exhaust was because the cat was taking it?

Ummm, when I had the vvti it used a fair old amount of oil it was an xreg, approx 55k on the clock, and was driven by my old man till I bought it off him so I know it was never pushed hard.

it seems there is a trend with vvti and oil consumption

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/lofiver...php/t35764.html

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/lofiver...php/t27708.html