Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Matrix Leaking :-(

MR2_MART

How hard is it to change the heater matrix which is inside the car? (its a st183 4ws)

The matrix is leaking water into the passenger side footwell and I can see it dripping from behind the glovebox.

Behind the glovebox is a white plastic box which I am assuming houses the matrix, is this correct?

Does the whole dash have to come out to change the matrix?

Anyone done this job in the past?

Roughly how much for a matrix?

Thanks lads

marty

daft question

you tryed bunging some radweld type stuff in the cooling system wynns do one that isn't stodgy and it works a treat

did my rad with it the other day stooped the leak in about 10 minutes running

Hi Mart did this on my last celica can usually do it in five to six hours most of centre console has to come out .The heater is in three parts the matrix being right behind the stereo.Was quoted £150 for matrix from a lot of breakers but managed to get one for £40 had to take it out of car myself hence low price easier to get out when it doesnt matter what you damage on there car wouldnt fancy doing it again good luck :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

i recently bought a celica gtr 1991 h reg (3 months ago) and am extremely happy with it......until today!

i drove about 6 miles to take the wife shopping and just as we parked up it happened.....the heater matrix decided to drop it's contents in the passenger footwell (partly filling my wife's handbag and just missing her leg). i managed to get one pipe off the bulkhead and connect it directly to the heater valve, bypassing the matrix. Easier said than done in the middle of the highstreet/with limited tools and at midday on the hottest day of the year!!!! Anyway, after getting home i decided to strip out most of the glovebox/centre console e.t.c e.t.c. to get a better look. oh my god...how the hell do you get to the matrix? There's three main pieces i think, fan, then aircon unit?, then heater matrix behind where the stereo goes.

Do you have to remove the aircon unit??? If not how on earth do you get the matrix out??

Any help would be extremely appreciated or if anyone has had theirs fixed at a garage an idea of the costs involved would be great.

thanks

Carl

Box behind the glovebox on an st202 is the ECU! Dunno if its the same on the previous model but still. Wouldnt touch that.

• 2 weeks later...

You might be as wise while you've got it clutched in your paws fitting new seals 'o' rings if it has any, it'll only save you taking it all out again :censor: