Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust

elgonko

the exhaust on my g6r started blowing last night and its made itself into quite a big crack now!its just between the 2 silencers where the funny clamp that does nothin is.

went in to c if the garage could temporarily patch it(need the car jus now)and they had just finnished doin a sr with a crack on exactly the same bit!

has this happened to any1 else?

thinkin about puttin a s/s cat back on it seein it needs a new exhaust anyway.can any1 suggest a good system for not too much ££?

cheers

got a powerflow system on mine (i was worried about noise levels on pre made aftermarket systems) with a 3" tail pipe its not the greatest s/s exhaust and wont last forever but its exactly what i wanted and cost £220 fitted, it went back twice because i wasnt happy with the sound first time or the fit 2nd time around but was changed and re fitted for no extra cost, cant fault service like that for 220 quid.

POWERFLOW

that sounds like the kinda thing im after and at a v.good price!!

which dealer did u go to for that?whats the noise like?did u just get it from the cat straight through to the back box?

cheers

my powerflow was fitted in exeter by save on tyres and exhausts. the people i bought my wheels from are also powerflow agents there called TOP GEAR and have depots around the country including scotland plus they can do everything they sell on 0% finance over 6 months including powerflows (its the only reason i spent SO much on my wheels) :thumbsup:

the noise is nice and sporty (sound great from 4k up and on overun) but not so much it does your head in on the motorway or annoys the neighbours when i start up at 4.30am to go to work, the system is from the cat back in the original bore with a small section thats slightly wider than original (not an expert on these things but i guess its this that makes the noise) i just walked in and said i would like a s/s exhaust with a 3" outward rolled tail pipe that wasnt to lairy and hey presto an hour later it was done, after a short drive about i decided it was too lairy and took it back thay quietened it down and i was happy, then when i got home i had look underneath saw that the pipe was hanging down about 3-4ins under the car where it was bent to fit, took it back the next week and thay cut out the section rotated it and welded it back on for no charge, like i said for 220 quid you cant argue with that.

i was talking to a guy who works for calder racing developments(they make powerflows)and he quoted me 300+vat for a s/s cat back with a 3"tailpipe!!will try RMS(more local 1)this week for a price but i thought that all the powerflow dealers would be more or less the same!!funny eh!hope they can do it cheap as they done yours!!

cheers for the info mate

www.meercat-exhausts.com/home.htm hi mate go to this web page i got my veccy done there and it was brill best place in scotland and wullie is brand new a top guy.

Hiya guyss

I got mate who has a CRX and a VERY big complaint quite a few of them have is that Powerflows after a short while start to get holes in them, and theyre not "the best" exhaust for the money,

on the other hand you got mongoose s/s systems, most ppl on this forum, and the CRX forum recommend mongoose for its DURABILITY, noise, bore size and just looks in general.

For small end Jap cars (ie CRX's, Corolla's, Civic's, 323 Gti's) mongoose are the best and most ppl who have had a mongoose have NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever.

Ive bought one aswell, after forking out 510.00 for mine then realising the bore was slightly out, slowing my car down, where as mongoose are supposed to be PERFECT.

www.anything-cars.com

email them and ask for quote and say that the corolla forum guy told you about him and hell give you a good price, if your interested that is and anyone else that is,

eg: 289.99 mongoose for a corolla gti 90 delivered. thats like 70.00 cheaper then anywhere else i know delivered.

sorry for long post :thumbsup:

cheers emailed anythin cars and gonna phone around a few places tommorro.will keep u posted.

cheers

Corolla_Gti-r Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Hiya guyss

I got mate who has a CRX and a VERY big complaint quite a few of them have is that Powerflows after a short while start to get holes in them, and theyre not "the best" exhaust for the money,

on the other hand you got mongoose s/s systems, most ppl on this forum, and the CRX forum recommend mongoose for its DURABILITY, noise, bore size and just looks in general.

For small end Jap cars (ie CRX's, Corolla's, Civic's, 323 Gti's) mongoose are the best and most ppl who have had a mongoose have NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever.

Ive bought one aswell, after forking out 510.00 for mine then realising the bore was slightly out, slowing my car down, where as mongoose are supposed to be PERFECT.

www.anything-cars.com

email them and ask for quote and say that the corolla forum guy told you about him and hell give you a good price, if your interested that is and anyone else that is,

eg: 289.99 mongoose for a corolla gti 90 delivered. thats like 70.00 cheaper then anywhere else i know delivered.

sorry for long post 

Well done Corolla_Gti-r :thumbsup:

Bit about powerflow is very interesting, I too have known people not to pleased with quality and having to go back due to breaks appearing in system after a couple of months.

My local powerflow dealer is brilliant. I had to take the MR2 back as the twin exits didn't line up quite true, but he sorted it.

The system I had on the G6R had a real nice sound to it, not too loud on motoways as I did a lot of motorway miles. Firthy now ownes the car and will vouch for the great sound it makes :yes:

Joe

I agree mongoose are good exhausts as thay are designed to increase performance and do good job (had one on my 205gti) but i was worried about noise more than any thing else on my G6R (i wanted a slight exhaust note not a roar that attracts attention) and for this reason i went to powerflow. if fitted a mongoose and wasnt happy with it i would have to live with it or go through the hassle of selling it and replacing it, with a powerflow i have no such problems. as far as quality issues are concerned to quote the topgear website and powerflow aswell they have a lifetime guarantee (of the car) so if my exhaust goes i will take it back wave my reciept and get it sorted for free so for 220 quid its value, good service and right for me.

very true mate!!

any1 ever heard a mongoose exhaust on a g6r?dont think it should be that loud seein it has a centre silencer.

Hey i've got a power flow on my G6R. it is a good exhaust looks really cool too. although i have taken it back like 6 times because it kept blowin. i was gettin quite :censor: 'ed off with them but the last time i took it back a different bloke fixed it now its awsome. not problem's whatsoever.

hehehe, 1 thing thats funny, my mate on the CRX forum also told me that there is the "ODD" person who gets a powerflow which is "indestructable" and i think you got it COROLLA-KID although it took 6 tries.

And thanx TwincamGti,

Ive heard the mongoose on a corolla gti b4, its a little loud probably upto around 4000rpm and then it goes quiet, and your right EGLONKO it has a mid section silemcer which is BIG and the tailpipe silencer is HUMONGOUSLY OBESE!!! AND you wont find a better quote then him, ive seen some of them annoying sites www.dpmotorsport.com where they dont advertise VAT??? like theyre guna sell it without VAT, i just REFUSE to shop at them !Removed! sites!!

I was thinking about getting the backbox chopped and putting a different back box on as i only wanted the mid section, but anyways

Let me know anyone whoever gets a quote off him what the quote is please, just qurious

who u meen by "him"?anything-cars.com?i emailed them but they didnt get back to me bout it!!

got some quotes-

meercat in kilburnie were 250 plus 20 for the tailpipe

fast lane in kilmarnock were 250-300

mmv were 300+

and top gear are gonna get back to me.

meercat would hav been the first but they cant do it till 10th of june and i cant wait that long so will need to check wi the other places to c how bad the waitin list is!

I say him as i saw an edd on eBay for mongoose exhausts and have spoken to him a few times

and rather then waste any more time heres his number 07717431106, ring him or text him and if you mention that the corolla guy gave you the number then hell quote good price and he did say hed give me cheap things aswell but ive already got a mongoose

let me know what he says

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links