Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Air Conditioning.

ckp

Can anyone help? I have a Rav4 GX 2.0 98 model and as the weather has been so nice recently i have been trying to use the air conditioning. However it dosn't appear to be as cold as it used to be when i first bought the car. Could something be blocked? If so what can i check before i take it to the garage!

Thanks in advance.

confused new user!

• 1 year later...
Can anyone help? I have a Rav4 GX 2.0 98 model and as the weather has been so nice recently i have been trying to use the air conditioning. However it dosn't appear to be as cold as it used to be when i first bought the car. Could something be blocked? If so what can i check before i take it to the garage!

Thanks in advance.

confused new user!

I know the feeling. Just joined this club and also have a problem with the air con not being cool as it was. It could mean that your system needs regassing. About £60.00 from a mainline dealer. If not it could get expensive. My car is an Estima, (Lux model), so may be more pricey to fix. I have been to a couple of garrages and I have to say they both scared the @&**@ out of me. Seems in my case the magnetic clutch in the air con system has siezed through lack of use and now needs replacing. Also the compressor has sprung a leak and also needs replacing. Total cost seems to be over £800.00 in parts alone. Got to be done though. NSPCC takes a dim view of parents who cook thier children in hot cars!

The a/c system needs using at least once a week to keep the seals in good condition and parts working - if the unit works but just doesn't get cold enough you may be lucky and a recharge of gas with sort it.