Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Ideas Anybody?

Hardy87

I have come to a sad conclusion, i cant afford the £3200 insurance on a starlet GT :crybaby: anybody think of another car i could get for about 3-4 grand that i could insure and thats quicker than a civic 1.6lsi?

whats ur age (driving experiance in years?), previous convictions and no claims?

anything else like pass-plus or simular?

Don't laugh

Daihatsu charade turbo, yes it is 3 cylinder but weighs about the same as a box of matches but goes like stink.

starlet turbos are expensive to insure because they are all imports

what insurance group is the 4age mk1 mr2? that is a helluva car...if you can find a decent mileage one

oh in that case a 900cc fiat seicento should do the trick. group 2 insurance and thats still a grand

they exist ?! so what, is it just a standard 83hp 4efe with the glanza bodykit and suspension? kinda pointless :unsure:

you wanan cheap car to insure, fiat panda, 800cc beast!

Insurance group 1! wayhey!

mind you id give ya a brown bag with eye holes for obvious reasons :P

they exist ?! so what, is it just a standard 83hp 4efe with the glanza bodykit and suspension? kinda pointless :unsure:

Yeah but having over 100bhp on a 1.3 non turbo is good enough for me. :rolleyes: even though the glanza s is fricking RARE!!

well i AM an italian...be patriotic! :lol:....nah, its not such a terrible car...it was built to a pupose...one that it fulfilled perfectly and spawned a legend...and the 4x4 one was a " beast "

Daihatsu charade turbo, yes it is 3 cylinder but weighs about the same as a box of matches but goes like stink.

i gotta agree there. those things are rapid. i wanted something like that as a first car.... couldn't afford insurance tho...

they exist ?! so what, is it just a standard 83hp 4efe with the glanza bodykit and suspension? kinda pointless

i could be wrong, but i was under the impression that the glanza s had the 5efhe in it... which in my opinion would make it pretty damn quick, because that would make it only 25 bhp behind the V. B)

Rich.

in that case i gotta find me a " wrecked " glanza s with a salvageable engine B)

meh, why does everyone just wanna get a car cause its " fast ". car enthusiasts should recognise that just cause a car is fast, doesnt make it fun...sure the daihatsu is fast but i mean i doubt anything else would be much decent about it...handling would most likely be dull, steering probably slack and feel free etc....ofcourse im just assuming, i could be proved wrong, but just to get the point across...a fast car isnt necessarily a good car, sure, if you just wanna go fast then go ahead...though itd make you look and sound like a boyracer....just dont chose a car on the basis that it is " fast "....not like you can use that speed on the road (legally)

on that note, i know the paseo isnt the " enthusiastic " drivers car, but i like coupe's, i like its design, its got a peppy engine, and there's a lot that can be done suspensionwise etc...it all need money but hey :P

end of my mini rant

for 3-4 grand you can buy a civic type r. there faster than a starlet gt let anone an lsi civic. you can pic up an eg6 shape vti for about 2 grand. easily.

sure the daihatsu is fast but i mean i doubt anything else would be much decent about it

Small cars which go fast are fun! My girlfriend had a 106, which i hated with a vengeance, but it handled like a go kart. Much as i can't stand french cars, i'd love to havea go in a 106, 205 gti or similar just to see what they are like with a larger engine. :P

yeah i know what you mean.....id never ever own a peugeot or whatever, but i seriously would like to drive a 106gti, 205gti and a 306gti simply cause they are said to be one of the best handling and drivers cars of all times....i just want to experience the great handling cars of the world...and speed should be kept on the tracks...and next year ill be hoping to get my racing licence B)

Get a Paseo B)

Great cars - very reliable, group 7 insurance (i think) & cheap tax & running costs.

J

definitely...plus, since its so light, its got so much potential to be a great car...they SO should have made a Toyota Paseo GT....that woulda been bliss

well i heard last year from someone they werre thinking of building another 'seo :yes: - but nothing confirmed yet :unsure:

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links