Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes For A Celica

GAJ

Hi,

I have a couple of questions for anyone who can provide an answer! First of all, a little about the car - it's an ST202 imported Celica, registered at the end of 1995. The dealer who sold it me said it was an SS3. The car has strut braces front and rear which seem to be standard, and has an HKS air filter and stainless exhaust (obviously not standard!) .

Soooo, 2 questions:

1) Can anyone let me know of a good place (in the UK) to buy brake pads for this model, as mine need replacing - in answering this, I guess it would be prudent to ask whether I can just buy normal UK style GT pads? Also, what brand would you advise? I was thinking of green stuff?

2) I've seen a lot of posts around the forum about bhp figures? I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what the bhp is for this particular model, or do I need to have a look on the engine block for the type before I ask this question?

Cheers,

G

:lol:

An ss-3?

Underneath the bonnet what colour is the engine?

The reason i ask is that there are VERY few ss-3's in the world.

If you have got one i would hold on to it.

It shouldnt say ss-3 on the log book, the way to tell is if the head of the engine is red. Also your car may have a gt4 style spoiler on the back saying ss-3.

Here is a picture of an ss-3.

post-37-1054714703.jpg

Yeah that picture you had is the ss-3 engine

:thumbsup:

Very rare, but not very good i hear.

I met a guy once who had one and it is no diffrent to the normal 2.0GT in performance. More bhp (197) but the 0-60 is the same.

They didnt make very many at all and getting replacement parts is harder than finding a needle in a hay stack.

It was toyotas test base for the new 1.8 vvti engines in the gen 7 celica.

That engine came out after 1998 so Gaj's motor is does not have that motor. However ss-3 existed since 1995 and the differnce between ss2s is that they have super strut suspension and LSD and 20 kg hevier.

Sounds like the dealer was full of it then. The engine cover isn't red - just says 16v. However, it does have front and rear strut braces (and has a "super strut suspension" toyota decal on the rear window), and the engine is a 3SGE. What model does that make it then? SS2?

Any hints on brake pads by the way guys? I'm new to this! :unsure:

Mines a 95 2litre GT, the ones from the UK model fit just pop to the local dealer and give him the engine code, they should sort you out if your unsure. EBC do green stuff pads for them, try fensport

You have an ss-2 which is 170-180bhp approx. No doubt about it.

ever thought of gold for discounts as loads of places on list supporting the celica's :)

Just a thought :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links