Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Meltdown!

Blaze

Okay people, im usually online most of the day at work! (due to boredom!!)

But Toyota GB Has been hit by a trojan at 10.30 this morning! All systems have gone off line till monday! :lol:

So im warning all of you if you need anything over the weekend it will be very hard to get it or pay for it! :lol:

But it means i get an easy weekend! :lol:

Its still not a valid excuse for wanting £60 for a 6" long bit of hose!

Well i thought it was quite funny! That a company as powerful as toyota can be taken down by 1 person! Nothing to do with the prices of things!

Just goes to show that they know little about computer security, should try to hack in and 'even out' those prices.... :D

Its still not a valid excuse for wanting £60 for a 6" long bit of hose!

or £50 for a fog light switch

Drain and renew brake fluid £110.

Bendy pillars :lol::crybaby:

Well i thought it was quite funny! That a company as powerful as toyota can be taken down by 1 person! Nothing to do with the prices of things!

I bet it turns out that is was coded and executed by someone who was charged £45.00 to fill the windscreen washer bottle at his last service though !

Rich

Urk just had mine serviced today ... 1 (ie. you need two) windscreen wiper blade £13!

Still, I suppose the first set lasted 2.5 years.

Paul.

Well the MOD was taken down by the "Is this the way to Army-Rillo" video.... so it can happen....

Is very funny though! :lol::lol:

Okay people, im usually online most of the day at work! (due to boredom!!)

But Toyota GB Has been hit by a trojan at 10.30 this morning! All systems have gone off line till monday!  :lol:

So im warning all of you if you need anything over the weekend it will be very hard to get it or pay for it!  :lol:

But it means i get an easy weekend!  :lol:

Sounds like Toyota needs to trade their Wincrap out for some Mac's or Linux machines. :lol:

Doesn't make sense that the maker of the worlds most reliable cars would use the world's least reliable and secure operating system now, does it?

Sounds like Toyota needs to trade their Wincrap out for some Mac's or Linux machines.  :lol:

Doesn't make sense that the maker of the worlds most reliable cars would use the world's least reliable and secure operating system now, does it?

this doesnt sound like a failure on the part of the hardware or the software.

this is a human failure.

Either - the admins did not do a sufficient job securing the site against this sort of stuff.

Or (and what is the most common scenario) it was brought in my a loseruser on a floppy disk / CD - or more likely, plugging a unsecure machine into the network.

I am not a MS fan - or hater, but in this case, the hardware platform is irrelevant - these same errors can happen on mac and linux

Sounds like Toyota needs to trade their Wincrap out for some Mac's or Linux machines.  :lol:

this is a human failure.

Either - the admins did not do a sufficient job securing the site against this sort of stuff.

Or (and what is the most common scenario) it was brought in my a loseruser on a floppy disk / CD - or more likely, plugging a unsecure machine into the network.

I am not a MS fan - or hater, but in this case, the hardware platform is irrelevant - these same errors can happen on mac and linux

Trojans on a Mac?

Not likely.

It's common knowledge Mac and Linux are inherently more secure. It isn't even open for debate, I'm afraid. But you're right about it being a human failure. With an extremely competent sys admin Windows computers can be made almost as secure as Mac and Linux are out of the box.

We got it confirmed it was a disgruntled (former) employee! Hahaha wish id have done it! :lol: Still were cut off from the rest of the world all weekend! :( They pulled toyota from the dvla database yesterday evening so no new cars can be sent out!

(people going on about prices: i have no idea about them, i work "upstairs" not down!!!)

Yep it prooves technology sure can go wrong!

I too reckon that someone had a bad experience with them (probably got ripped off by the high prices) and thought they'd get revenge ;)

Just had a look on Toyota's website - you can still build your car (I 'built' a Celica)! Don't know if it will let you order one though!

Jason

this is a human failure.

Trojans on a Mac?

Not likely.

It's common knowledge Mac and Linux are inherently more secure. It isn't even open for debate, I'm afraid. But you're right about it being a human failure. With an extremely competent sys admin Windows computers can be made almost as secure as Mac and Linux are out of the box.

erm, how can it not be open for debate.

FACT - Macs are not more secure - it is just their operating system is targetted less by the hackers, so there is less nasty things out there that effect Mac's. Guarateed, if it became open season on Mac's - they would be proved to be as vunrable as PC's..

And before you spout some rubbish - take Firefox as the perfect example - supposidly so much more secure than IE, and well accepted to be, until last week when a major security flaw became aparent...

£1200 for a soarer windscreen :D

£138 for a electric arial, £128 for a wing mirror, when the bloke told me how much i nearly dropped the fone!

:rolleyes: Whoaaaaa...stop there...get the phone book and call scrappers locally. there is no point calling MrT in for stuff like that, Look in admag etc...toyota is ruddy expensive (my alloy replaced.ebay £30..toyota £295 +delivery)

£128 for a wing mirror, when the bloke told me how much i nearly dropped the fone!

Thats pretty damn good!!!! a wingmirror is £300 for a soarer!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links