Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Face Gauges/dials

aqcy

Hi there everyone. :D I'm too lazy to go thru the long process of removing my dash so i am going to ask a question here.

Does anyone know if the stock face gauges/dials are removable? Coz i was thinking of buying some white faced dials from a someone and he claim that the entire gauge face would glow by just using the stock dash lights IF they are NOT installed over the original face dials.

My friend who owns a civic EG said that his face dials were like impossible to remove so he had to place his EL dials over the originals.

Thanks everyone! This forum has been a great help!

dont get e.l. dials...theyre quite....chavvy....just get customs. but otherwise, if you do want em, i though theyre plugged into some electric supply, cause its the whole face that lights up in this case, not little bulbs lighting up areas of the gauge face

if im not mistaken. paseos have white dials?

mine does

so what s the point getting some gauges that will look the same ?

really? is the gauge writing in orange btw? I remember seeing some gen2 gauges that were dark grey / black with orange writing and apparently they were OEM german items

Sera dials are dark grey with orangey writing. Personally I think that white look a whole lot neater ( and nicer )

Rich

Yeah, but if you take the clock backlight bulbs out and remove the little rubber diffusers over them, it brightens up the whole thing !

meh, i heard its right old dog prying a big enough gap with the 'seo gauges to change the bulbs, yet alone remove them :unsure:

maybe, but after you've done it once it's a doddle.

Rich

yeah, i can remove my seo's gauge cluster in about 15 mins. The only hard part is fixing them back coz i need to stretch my fat hand in and afix some socket type plug which i assume is for the fuel or speed or temp. reading.

Now, should i get these white faced dials which this guy claims can glow by just using your stock dash lights?

Oh by the way, is the original dash light blub size a T10?

maybe, but after you've done it once it's a doddle.

Rich

yeah, i can remove my seo's gauge cluster in about 15 mins. The only hard part is fixing them back coz i need to stretch my fat hand in and afix some socket type plug which i assume is for the fuel or speed or temp. reading.

Now, should i get these white faced dials which this guy claims can glow by just using your stock dash lights?

Oh by the way, is the original dash light blub size a T10?

I20520.gif

thats the kinda thing you'd be getting....and that blue light would just annoy the hell outta me

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links