Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light

Blue84

Hello All,

I've heard of some people changing the colour of the interior lights in cars by using LED bulbs. I know that the Yaris has two interior lights (one that lights up when the door is opened and another one by the rear view mirror which is split into two so you can have only one side lit up at a time which is groovy).

Can this be done in a Yaris? Would it look really Chav-Like?

All thoughts appreciated..and btw this is my 2000th Post :D

Blue

Hello All,

I've heard of some people changing the colour of the interior lights in cars by using LED bulbs. I know that the Yaris has two interior lights (one that lights up when the door is opened and another one by the rear view mirror which is split into two so you can have only one side lit up at a time which is groovy). 

All thoughts appreciated..and btw this is my 2000th Post  :D

Blue

You get two lights by the rear view mirror! No fair! Just pop off the lense covers and wire in some LED's. You'll prolly need to wire in a resistor as well. But I wouldn't know which one.

Hello All,

Blue

theres some sort of interior lights on eBay for yaris - pro for all cars, and this is for interior lights, just go on eBay and look through yaris.

I really need one for the boot on my t sport, any ideas?

2 lights, <_< phh mine only has the 1

yea ive changed mine to blue :D id be carefull with eBay tho, i got a set from there onces and it didnt fit. Mines simply a new bulb, just swap old for new, i would tell you the part number for it and the site you can get them from but, i didnt buy it directly, bought off somebody else, sorry i cant help

try this site, much cheaper than the eBay one's. i think the bulbs needed are the 31-35 mm ones in the car section. going to do this mod myself (just white though).

www.ultraleds.co.uk

Hello All,

Blue

You mean a map reading light? by the mirror...points down towards ya lap....not fair...

you don't have to replace it with an LED, interior bulbs come in a variety of sizes and colours...as it's behind a diffuser anyway..not much difference between LED and a standard bulb.

i think it's to do with phrase 1 and 2, probably 1 in phrase 1 and 2 in phrase 2.

i've got a super white one on now, looks much nicer but not any brightrer. :)

Ray

Hi i would like to go gold however when i try using the purchase subscriptions buttons it only gives me bronze and silver? any ideas, if i'm gona pay i wanna go all the way!

Click on the red link at the top of the forums "Become a Gold Member" and scroll to the bottom - theres a form there to sign up to Gold! :thumbsup:

you dont need an l.e.d just paint the bulb with glass paint....

did mine red, makes it a little darker inside but i get a starburst pattern on the diffuser....

btw. i dont have lights by the mirror only one in the center - its useless... :(

Here's the light by the wing mirror just so you guys can see what you are "missing out on" :P

maplight4.jpg

maplight3.jpg

You can see where it is split into two aswell and also the rear one:

rearlight.jpg

Blue

I think it yet another Phase 2 improvement :P

Blue....don't you mean by the interior mirror? ;)

the reason some of ur dont have them is if u have a sun roof. because the handle for it goes in the place of the lights

I have a great big massive light in the centre of my roof......

oh yeah - its a sunroof! :lol::lol::thumbsup:

Blue....don't you mean by the interior mirror? ;)

*ahem* yes that's what I meant..was in a rush typing that :wacko::wacko: