Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buying A Gt4 Any Advice Please?

mad malc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scoobyspanker

• Leeky

• TheNissanMan

• knowlson

Where is Santa Pod anyway? Im well up for that!

Near Junction 14 of the M1. October the 12th is Japanese performance day. Im sure you could settle it all there!!!

Tom

Where is Santa Pod anyway? Im well up for that!

Near Junction 14 of the M1. October the 12th is Japanese performance day. Im sure you could settle it all there!!!

Tom

Doubt any of us have stock cars though lol :P

what's the stock bhp, 0-60 o-100 of an st205 ?

BHP=245 0-60=is always different in each mag I look in! I would say late 6's. :thumbsup:

what's the stock bhp, 0-60 o-100 of an st205 ?

BHP=245 0-60=is always different in each mag I look in! I would say late 6's. :thumbsup:

ok on that basis rev MR2 Turbo (1993+) Also has a stock 245Bhp which means that the Bhp is no different so the logical argument stil stands....

I can't remember which but the 0-60 for a rev3+ MR2 Turbo is either 5.2 or 5.3 Seconds....

GT4 Cya.....

There are rumours of a new supra but it truly will be a supercar, probably using the 4.3ltr lexus engine with a turbo or two.

Um. Where do I begin. New Supra is already due for release in 2004. You want to do some research before typing. Not you only post full of *******.

Pictures available along with press release on www.celica-club.co.uk

No turbos as they are too expensive to produce and sell and insure. Planned to be the direct competition for the 350Z.

They look the nuts. A lot like a cross between the Aston Martin and Masserati.

Retail is to be circa. £30,000.

Yes it is true. Well I hope it is as Toyota have my deposit for one.

[pedantic mode]And why does everyone quote BHP without torque. BHP is only a measure but means squat without torque quoted aswell.[/pedantic mode]

Yeah, I'm in a grumpy mood today.

Glen,

I saw your post a good while back about the new Supra, it defo looks the puppies plums...

If it is launched, I can't wait to see that beast in the flesh....

Hmmmm...

What does it matter.. we all love our own cars, and [theoretically] respect everyone elses..

My car is stock, has 154bhp with 0-60 in 9.5 secs...

It will probably take 30 secs to do a 1/4 mile... and you know what... I don't care, cos it's mine, I love it, and don't feel the need to make up fake stats to try and impress people, or argue the merits of 'a toyota in a posh frock'.

It is what it is, the celica is a fast 4WD coupe, the MR2 is a fast 2-seater sports car....

Enjoy them, because one day we'll all be dead!

"He who dies with the most toys... still dies"

ok on that basis rev MR2 Turbo (1993+) Also has a stock 245Bhp which means that the Bhp is no different so the logical argument stil stands....

Don't forget there are gearbox differences. This does make a difference.

Now for some perspective.

We are talking fractions of a second here guys. Is it worth upsetting / offending anyone or wasting your time arguing this. Everyone bought their car based on personal preference / financial postion / wanting to be able to have s*x in their car / whatever. Ultimately it's their car.

I like all cars. But I can only afford to own 6 at a time so that's why I'm stuck with what I've got. When I can own 7 I'll get an MR2.

Just out of interest and to prove I'm not biased I have recommended an MR2 to a chap at work and he is picking one up tonight.

Freedom of speech must extend to freedom of cars.

Bet I can beat you to the next set of traffic lights. :rolleyes:

To say others peoples cars are worse is arrogance and ignorance. You all want to drive the same car? I'll take the black Model T thanks.

we have just stated tons of reasons why these cars are WICKED!! The MR2 is class so is the GT4!! TOYOTS'S RULE! :yes:

TOYOTS'S RULE!

Aren't there enough cars in the arguement already without adding another one. :lol:

I think you're just making stuff up now Scoobyspanker.

Just a shame its an OAP now.  :lol:

Don't know how you figure that one out...

SW20 was made up until 97/98 mk3 obviously still made....

That must make it similar to the GT4, actually when did they stop making the GT4 ??? What's it like to drive another Toyota OAP ???

To re-iterate what dj said (also posted on other thread)....

There 's no real point in arguing the fact between top speeds....

The truth is the MR2 Turbo is quicker than the GT4 in stock form and a lot can be done to both cars to speed up their times.

Both the MR2 owners will defend the MR2 and the GT4 owners will support the GT4....

Now logically...

MR2 and GT4 unless I am mistaken use the 3S-GTE so the same powerplant.

MR2 weighs less than the GT4 so less weight

GT4 has 4WD so therefore reducing total power

If your using the same power plant in two different cars, one weighing less and without 4WD.... Logic rules....

Anybody care to change my logic or shall I just say enough said

By OAP i meant the Audi Quattro.

There are rumours of a new supra but it truly will be a supercar, probably using the 4.3ltr lexus engine with a turbo or two.

Um. Where do I begin. New Supra is already due for release in 2004. You want to do some research before typing. Not you only post full of *******.

Pictures available along with press release on www.celica-club.co.uk

No turbos as they are too expensive to produce and sell and insure. Planned to be the direct competition for the 350Z.

They look the nuts. A lot like a cross between the Aston Martin and Masserati.

Retail is to be circa. £30,000.

Yes it is true. Well I hope it is as Toyota have my deposit for one.

[pedantic mode]And why does everyone quote BHP without torque. BHP is only a measure but means squat without torque quoted aswell.[/pedantic mode]

Yeah, I'm in a grumpy mood today.

:lol:

Looks like i've hit a cord with you dude.

I dont mean to get your back up. I guess its like others have sai, we all love our own cars.

But as far as the supra goes you have to admit its all roumors at the moment, until we see something on the toyota website or in the magazines it could end up being anything. :lol:

Peace :thumbsup:

Ohhhh my god is that the actual supra? :huh:

Hummm im still not convinced, looks like someone has taken an aston martin vanquish and photoshoped it.

I wont believe anything until i see it in the flesh. :lol:

Mamma mia that supra looks amazin...

This is the only pic i had of it previous to your wiked pic.. thanks for sharing...

2005supra.jpg

who asked what the mr2 ever did? it raced in gt races in japan against nsx's, supras etc. raced for many years and was quite successful in it's class. there's one that hits 218mph in the usa, and 181mph running around the uk with 390bhp.

face facts both cars are quick but in stock form the mr2 is quicker :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links