Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removal Of Rav4 Stereo

M12 TURBO

Can someone please point me to any links etc where there is detailed info as to remove the standard head unit.

Regards

Dave

There was a post a while ago with the details but I can't find it either through the search or google :(

However, I seem to remember for the newer RAV's any way (mine is a 2004) that the "aluminium" effect pannels at the side of the head unit pull off. Under those you will see the screws which hold the head unit in place, unscrew them and it just pulls out. It didn't say if the panels pulled off towards the side or the rear of the RAV.....

Hope this helps.

Think it was posted within one of the Sat Nav mails - the side panels pull off towards the rear - just gently prise off at the bottom with a blunt srew-driver until you can squeeze your fingers in the gap then gently pull off by hand - they are held on with 2 spring clips.

Cheers

To al for the help, I will investigate tonight.

Regards

Dave

Cheers

Regards

Dave

:thumbsup: Dave ,If it is the XT range of RAV4 ,Remove the two metalic looking side covers by using your finger nails , carefully ,dont use any tools you will mark the facia, store these until you refit the head unit. Next you will have to remove the heater vent facia that surrounds the radio, you will have to remove the two small self tapping screws that secure the facia in place ,once this is done the facia can be pulled off (straight off ) .Once this is done you will see two bolts on each side of the radio head unit, remove these carefully ,don't allow them to drop or you will have a bugger of a job to get them back , Finally the headunit can be pulled out and disconnected .These instructions can also be found on the forum under the very long discussion on fitting the Sat Navigation unit. :thumbsup: Brian

Cheers

Regards

Dave

:thumbsup: Dave ,If it is the XT range of RAV4 ,Remove the two metalic looking side covers by using your finger nails , carefully ,dont use any tools you will mark the facia, store these until you refit the head unit. Next you will have to remove the heater vent facia that surrounds the radio, you will have to remove the two small self tapping screws that secure the facia in place ,once this is done the facia can be pulled off (straight off ) .Once this is done you will see two bolts on each side of the radio head unit, remove these carefully ,don't allow them to drop or you will have a bugger of a job to get them back , Finally the headunit can be pulled out and disconnected .These instructions can also be found on the forum under the very long discussion on fitting the Sat Navigation unit. :thumbsup: Brian

Sparkydog

Thanks allot for the instructions they were spot on. :thumbsup:

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links