Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Access/dash Dismantle?

jor

Hi, i've got a '92 corolla with a factory fitted toyota stereo and also a seperate toyota cd player. I want to get to the wiring in the back, but i don't know how to get in. Does it require a large amount of the dash to be dismantled. If so, anyone got a guide of what to do, and is it a big job, cheers for any help, james.

I can't comment on the 92 specifically, but on the 889 you had to dismanmtle most of the dash. This included the dash around the speedometer as well. You have to remove quite a few screws for this.

On the 97 (old shape)Corolla, there are a couple of screws just under the vent controls, remove these and then the vent controls, central air vent and tape fascia are just clipped in (one piece, four clips). I have a feeling yours will be similar to this.

Once the fascia is off the tape is screwed in with brackets. To be honest with you it's not too difficult.

Hope this helps.

yeah, that helps, i'll have to go and have a good look, and see how much of a job it is. I think the '92 may be the model before the '97, i.e '92-'96, '96-'02. Cheers for the help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links