Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IMOC-TOC Track Day

Ken

Your car may only be worth £2k etc.. but there is always chance of hitting another car regardless of who's at fault and you NEED insurance for it unless your mega rich and can afford to repair someones modded Supra etc...

Perhaps Lauren can clarify this.

I always thought that going out on track is totally at your own risk, ie YOU are responsible for YOUR car. The question of fault or blame is irrelevant, the rules of the public highway do not apply.

So if I crash into another car - I have to deal with my car and they with theirs. Blame has no input whatsoever.

In fact I am fairly certain that trackday insurance only covers your vehicle no one elses. So with trackday insurace not only are you insuring against your stupidity, your insuring against everyone elses aswell, as theres no claiming from the other party in an incident.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauren

• knightrider

• raywong

• earpl

Your car may only be worth £2k etc.. but there is always chance of hitting another car regardless of who's at fault and you NEED insurance for it unless your mega rich and can afford to repair someones modded Supra etc...

Perhaps Lauren can clarify this.

I always thought that going out on track is totally at your own risk, ie YOU are responsible for YOUR car. The question of fault or blame is irrelevant, the rules of the public highway do not apply.

So if I crash into another car - I have to deal with my car and they with theirs. Blame has no input whatsoever.

In fact I am fairly certain that trackday insurance only covers your vehicle no one elses. So with trackday insurace not only are you insuring against your stupidity, your insuring against everyone elses aswell, as theres no claiming from the other party in an incident.

Yes you are right this is the case. If you drove into someone elses car then you are not under any obligation to pay for it. And yes its only your car thats insured.

I've had this happen a few times when racing, but not on a trackday. Near misses are possible i guess, but if you follow the rules you should never come close to another car.

Its up to people to decide what the risk might be, but from personal experience a trackday is a controlled environment, ie its not a free for all, i'll black flag someone if they are seen to be overtaking without consent. Its like any form of sport if you follow the rules the risks are minimal, but there are always risks to some degree and you can never totally avoid that.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

But as you say as long as people follow the rules and overtake with consent the risk is minimal.

Important trackdayage news:

Only 4 places left!!

If you are thinking about it you need to get signed up!

Paying 50% of the fee books your place if that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Cant believe there are only 4 spaces left, i was gonna wait until a bit closer to the time to see if it was worth going on track but looks like by the time it comes around the places will be gone :(

Cant believe there are only 4 spaces left, i was gonna wait until a bit closer to the time to see if it was worth going on track but looks like by the time it comes around the places will be gone :(

There are no places left at the moment. Thats why its important to get in there quick!

As i've said, you could pay £50 now and pay the other £49 later in order to reserve a place.

there will be a few dropouts come nearer the time, but i don't think you'll be the only one trying to get on.

That said there is the possibility of allowing a few more cars on since we've found a way to extend the layout a bit.

• 1 month later...

Well I've paid my deposit so it should be good fun taking the Supra out on track. I just can't stop thinking about the tyre bill I am going to have at the end of it 335.30.18 are not exactly cheap!

Kevin

whats the latest on this?

Currently at 45 cars, no plans for anymore particularly seeing as its open pit.

If you haven't already got a place then it'll be a matter of seeing if anyone has dropped out in the run up to the event and grabbing a place as soon as it becomes available. So it would be a matter of keeping your eye on the BaT site.

Well I've paid my deposit so it should be good fun taking the Supra out on track. I just can't stop thinking about the tyre bill I am going to have at the end of it 335.30.18 are not exactly cheap!

Kevin

By now you should have settled the full amount as its less than two weeks away.

Oop's just paid the balance of the deposit now by Paypal for me and Gareth. Will this cause a problem?

Please let me know as I am all set to go for Saturday and I will be bringing the car a fare way, so I need to know the car can run.

Thanks

Kevin

Oop's just paid the balance of the deposit now by Paypal for me and Gareth. Will this cause a problem?

Please let me know as I am all set to go for Saturday and I will be bringing the car a fare way, so I need to know the car can run.

Thanks

Kevin

As long as you are shown on the Booked places section then you have a place!

Is your name Kevin Huntley? If so can see you on the event booking so sorted!

Elv booked page

Any Chance we can have a list of who is attending from TOC.. eg spectators and drivers?

I wanna know who else is going :P I might well come watch :P

whats the deal for spectators?

Ie is it free and what time would i need to go? cos if i can pursuade my dad i might pop along! :D

I had booked a spot to go on track, but then rear suspension failure resulted in me pulling out of driving on track as I couldn't afford new shocks, new tyres, hotels, fuel and track day.

I am getting new shocks fitted this morning and will still be driving up so hopefully see a few from TOC there.

Still totally gutted about having to pull out of driving on track though. Next time though B)

PS: I will have my helmet with me so any TOCcers there signed up for track action, must give me a ride :P :D

whats the deal for spectators?

Ie is it free and what time would i need to go? cos if i can pursuade my dad i might pop along! :D

spectators and passengers are free. Bring a helmet and you can bag passenger rides and it will cost you nothing. :thumbsup:

passengers can sign on anytime, though if you get there early ie 9am then you can sign on with the drivers, though turning up anytime isn't really a problem.

Forums

News

Membership