Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel

bazzacfc

i have a problem with my steering wheel, after a short time driving i get an annoying squeek when i turn the wheel i have tried squrting wd40 on the column but no joy, anyone have any ideas

i have a problem with my steering wheel, after a short time driving i get an annoying squeek when i turn the wheel i have tried squrting wd40 on the column but no joy, anyone have any ideas

Not sure whether this is going to be bad news or not. Depends whether your car is out of guarantee or not. The problem lies with a rubber seal in the steering rack. This is a known problem. I'm just waiting for a third steering rack to be fitted to my 2001 Vermont.

Good luck.

Tony

Its a known bug with Avensis. You have to take it to a dealer for them to replace the steering column. They have done twice on mine. If you look through this forum you will see a lot of prior posts on this. Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links