Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easiest Way?

bhinderharminder

Bought some osram silver star headlight bulbs for my e12 corolla hatchback, tryed fitting them on the passenger side which is a real ba$tard :ffs: . Dose anyone know an easier way if there is one. If not i'll have to give it to my local toyota garage to do. Dose anyone know how much tey will charge?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Where did you buy the bulbs from?

If they were bought at a Halfords, they could possibly fit them. They will first consult their fitting guide and if they can do it, they will charge around £5.00 for the honour. If Halfords fitting guide says "DNA" (Do Not Attempt), the will send you to the main dealers who will charge you by the hour 9or part thereof) so could end up costing up to £80.00 :eek:

If you didn't buy the bulbs at Halfords, they won't fit them for you period.

Not sure on the E12, but on some cars it's easier to remove the Battery or airbox before attempting to replace the bulb.

Where did you buy the bulbs from?

If they were bought at a Halfords, they could possibly fit them. They will first consult their fitting guide and if they can do it, they will charge around £5.00 for the honour. If Halfords fitting guide says "DNA" (Do Not Attempt), the will send you to the main dealers who will charge you by the hour 9or part thereof) so could end up costing up to £80.00 :eek:

If you didn't buy the bulbs at Halfords, they won't fit them for you period.

Not sure on the E12, but on some cars it's easier to remove the battery or airbox before attempting to replace the bulb.

bought them from eBay, will have another go at fitting them today, i've done the drivers side.. But the passenger side is real tight.

I had the same trouble with my G6R (e111) had to remove the Battery and i could just get something down to unplug it. might be the same sort of thing.

Hi, i work at a Toyota dealer and i can vouch that they do suck bid style, i usually struggle with the drivers side due to the ABS actuatotor, try undoing your Battery support(10mm nut), then slide the Battery over, be carefull not to short it out...if you still struggle remove the Battery all together!!

I usually face away from the car, not cos i'm a smart ***** but just as thats the easiest way for me!!

Chris :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links