Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument Lights On Verso

caninescashews

Hi, I have just got a verso T3 MMT and everything is fine except I am a bit confused about the instrument/dashboard lights.

When the headlights are set to off the instrument lights are on and when you set them to position 1 (parking, license plate lights as in the manual) they go off. Then on position 2 (main headlights) they are still off.

This is the case in lo and high beam. We haven't actually driven the car in the dark yet, but I cannot believe that the instrument panel lights go off when you put the headlights on.

Can any Verso owner shed any light (boom boom!) on this.

Many thanks for your time.

Gavin

caninescashews hi,

It does seem a little odd at first but it makes sense as you get use to it. Yes the dashboard lights stay on when the main headlamps are off. Their rear illumination actually assists you, because normal daylight, reflections from the dashboard clear glass, entering tunnels etc. can all hinder your view of the dashboard readout especially on bright sunny days.

The dashboard lights don't actually 'go-off' when you switch on the main headlamps, they simply dim by about 30 or 40 percent to reduce eye strain glare during night time driving. If your dashboard lights are going 'off' as you say, then it's a fault (and not a feature).

TR ;)

• 2 months later...

You can alter the brightness of the panel lights quite easily. If you play around with the left hand button on the panel, you can select, ODO, trip A, trip B and then a funny set of lines and dashes.

Set your parking lights or headlights on. Select the lines and dashes and then hold the button down. You will find the panel lights step through various levels of brightness. Release the button when you have found the brightness you want.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but is it possible to dim the Dash lights when the side/head lights are 'off'- as I find it distracting in dull weather !

I have set them ok for the lights 'on' brightness.