Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Toyota Levin Specs?

theShire

Hi, can anyone let me know the difference between these two Trueno/Levin.

1997 Levin BZ-R and 1997 Levin BZ-G?

Lookin to buy one soon and might have a choice of either of the above- any help on the major differences would be much appreciated.

A quick Google gave me

this comparison

Thanks for this but I've already been on to look and I don't see many differences between them...

It just looks like the standard equipment is different as far as i can tell and the front suspension is different.

But anyone on here have either the BZ-R or BZ-G and know if there are any major drawbacks for either

A quick Google gave me

this comparison

Thanks for this but I've already been on to look and I don't see many differences between them...

It just looks like the standard equipment is different as far as i can tell and the front suspension is different.

But anyone on here have either the BZ-R or BZ-G and know if there are any major drawbacks for either

Hey Im new here,Im from Limerick and Im drivin a bz-r.The bz-r is the one to get.It comes with super strut suspension,abs,LSD and has a standard power figure of 167bhp and the bz-g is bout 130bhp standard.

The bz-r is some piece of work,totally unique,great handling and the vvt is is music to my ears.It comes with all the extras elec mirrors,windows,a/con etc etc

Here's a good site http://ae111.net/ but i have loads more info if you want any more just ask! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hey Alan

Thinking of importing a Levin from Japan sometime in the next six months , most likely a BZ-R as well. Do you import your own or buy it in Ireland ? Do you know of any good sites that carry upgrades and mods for Levins ? Been trying to suss out where to get some nice aero stuff and haven't been very successful.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

what a load of rubbish, the bzg and the bzr have the same engine, how can it be 37bhp different, 5spd is stronger for my turbo conversion

• 11 months later...
Hey Alan

Thinking of importing a Levin from Japan sometime in the next six months , most likely a BZ-R as well. Do you import your own or buy it in Ireland ? Do you know of any good sites that carry upgrades and mods for Levins ? Been trying to suss out where to get some nice aero stuff and haven't been very successful.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Cheers

Hi! you should try http://www.takakaira.co.jp/ , an type in ae111/ae101 or what ever in the little search bar!!

they had some aero stuff there, i got manifold off 'em. :thumbsup: plus they ship pretty fast too!!!!

• 3 months later...

I bought a 99 levin bz-r super strut 6 speed recently and it is fantastic. Its an incredibly powerful car throughout the box and the six speed really maximises the 167hp. As another member said the handling is incredible because of the suspension struts, it very rigid and firm which makes it a bit of a back breaker on the bumpy stuff and the short gear ratio can be a bit of a pain in traffic because this engine just wants to go non stop but its all worth it for when your able to open her up on the smooth stuff.

Definitely worthwhile spending the little extra to go for the bz-r it'l hold its value better over time too. I'm not sure if the bz-g comes with abs but the bz-r does.

• 4 months later...
A quick Google gave me

this comparison

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Im new here,Im from Limerick and Im drivin a bz-r.The bz-r is the one to get.It comes with super strut suspension,abs,LSD and has a standard power figure of 167bhp and the bz-g is bout 130bhp standard.

The bz-r is some piece of work,totally unique,great handling and the vvt is is music to my ears.It comes with all the extras elec mirrors,windows,a/con etc etc

Here's a good site http://ae111.net/ but i have loads more info if you want any more just ask! :thumbsup:

hi alan i just bought a 97 levin bzr today in dublin!! can you tell me would it be an ae111 or an ae101.. and can u tell me d differances between the both anyway please??

it would be a ae111 lad! the main difference is that the engine - ae101 has the silver top which has a bit less horses in it, dont know the official figures as it seem to vary from site to site!! but it is less than the ae111 which has the blacktop engine producing 165bhp at the flywheel, stock! the reason for this is that the blacktop engine has lighter internal components which is one of the reasons it produces more power! although becuase of it the blacktop engine is weaker, so if you are planning on some major power mods its would be better if you upgrade the internals such as rods etc. you can find all sorts of info on ae111.co.uk!

the bz-r is ther top spec comes with ss suspension, 6 speed box with lsd abs and such.. the bzg is the lower spec buty everything on the r was an optional extra on the g i have a bzg with a 6 speed box, lsd(all be it aftermarket) abs and such.. but they both push out the same power and they ahve the same 4age 20v black top engines

hey man i drive a 99 levin bz-r both of them is about the same. Just the lsd, and the super strut. the bz-g has mcpherson suspension. same black top but i need help with something. there is a buttom or switch on my dash its next to the rear window heater. when the ignition turns on it beeps just once. it has OFF at the bottom and SOME KIND OF SYMBOL AT THE TOP WITH WAVES EXTENDING FROM THE CENTER. i really don't know what it does. Yeah and boy it handles well i went around a nintey degree turn at about 100km. its a good thing too a truck was coming in the other direstion.

• 1 month later...
hey man i drive a 99 levin bz-r both of them is about the same. Just the lsd, and the super strut. the bz-g has mcpherson suspension. same black top but i need help with something. there is a buttom or switch on my dash its next to the rear window heater. when the ignition turns on it beeps just once. it has OFF at the bottom and SOME KIND OF SYMBOL AT THE TOP WITH WAVES EXTENDING FROM THE CENTER. i really don't know what it does. Yeah and boy it handles well i went around a nintey degree turn at about 100km. its a good thing too a truck was coming in the other direstion.

The switch you are discrebing is like a parking senson switch.

My 1999 BZG has the same black top engine with BZR but instead of 6speeds it got an automatic gearbox but with ECT-S (Electronic Control Transmission System). That’s means 4 gears X 3 selections: auto, manual, power! It’s really fun to drive without having to change gears. You just think what speed you want and the ECT-S makes all the work. And when you want to reduce speed you just slightly press the brake pedal and you have on gear down. Wheels are 14’ instead of 15’ in BZR. The interior is the same in both models. Mine got climate control and parking sensors.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to go of course but does this caer have a turbo?

i think i had agrad with one in my corolla t sport (190 bhp)

was pretty even to about redline in 4th gear!

na mate, the levin/trueno is all naturally aspirated!! ;)

unless there is one bolted on to them! but dont think there are many successful turbo conversion projects about as it is very difficult and delicate process not to mention expensive!

or, if the car you raced was a ae101 it could've been supercharged!

• 2 years later...

Hey i have a bz-g the difference mainly is the 5 speed gearbox in the bz-g and six speed

In the bzr... Although the six speed sounds

More impressive its actually alot heavier than the 5 speed, thats why i went with the bz-g.. I love it! They r obviously cheaper to for an almost identicle car but lighter :) i love it!!! Happy buying!!!

• 6 months later...

Both cars a re really great, Hope you can choose the best for you dude.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links