Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Labours Barmy Idea Of Cutting Congestion

Stu8

Do you agree  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree

• Yes
    • No

Its at least 20 years down the road :(

yeah gps tracker. every time you go over the speed limit. bang..... ticket

its more than that, you pay per mile, some motorways can charge you £1.30 per mile at peak times!

yet A roads at the same times will charge you 30-40p per mile.

so all the congestion off the motorway and onto the a roads leaving the people who can afford a £200+ journy having a nice drive down the M1

FFS this country is s**T :censor:

Edited by Steve

It's absolute bo :censor: cks - no doubt everyone would take to the B roads to avoid paying the ridiculous motorway charges, then they would end up driving faster to make up lost time from the extra distance added to the journey (assuming the B roads aren't already clogged up), only to get zapped by the newly installed speed cameras funded from the new road tax system - double whammy! If anyone comes near my car with a satellite trackable black box I'll be out with the wire cutters just as soon as they've disappeared round the corner!!!! :angry:

There was a thread about this yesterday morning. In it I worked our that, assuming the average cost for the roads I drive on is about 5p/mile the cost of diesel would have to be about 30p/litre before I broke even...

A

It would be a much more sensible idea to include your roadtax into the price of petrol.

That way the more fuel you use the more tax you pay - bloomin simple if you ask me.

I wouldnt mind paying £1 per litre if it included my road tax - i dont do much mileage...

I live in devon and the motorway finishes in exeter,we have mostly A/B roads but if i wanted to take a trip to the shopping mall in Bristol for example i have to use the M5. If these charges were in force and it cost a min of £1 a mile on the motorway down here it would me £160 !!! great idea eh! :ffs:

It would be a much more sensible idea to include your roadtax into the price of petrol.

That way the more fuel you use the more tax you pay - bloomin simple if you ask me.

I wouldnt mind paying £1 per litre if it included my road tax - i dont do much mileage...

That was what i was expecting, removing road tax and balancing it out with increase on fuel tax...

but, it appears Labour need to think 'big brother' and 'nanny state', anything logical just wouldnt do...

Thank god I am planing to leave this :censor: hole of a country :ffs:

Soon the only people that will be here are the 12-16 year old girls with there kids :blink: as anyonewith half a brain or who works for a living, will have :censor: off :thumbsup:

There was a thread about this yesterday morning. In it I worked our that, assuming the average cost for the roads I drive on is about 5p/mile the cost of diesel would have to be about 30p/litre before I broke even...

A

It's here

If this seriously comes into action, then what little belief I have that democracy works will fly right out the window!!!!!!

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!!!!!!

Im in with that. I think people who do more miles should pay more. My grandad does about 500 miles a year, if that... and still pays £105 tax like me, and still pays same for petrol etc. How is that fair??

Also, on this road-charge thing, if they want to charge £1.34 per mile, then there HAS to be NO road tax, VERY cheap petrol and a FLAWLESS public transport system. I worked out that if this came into practice, to see my girlfriend would cost me on average £5.60 per journey there or back. Thats a 20min drive. On public transport, it'd cost me £2.40, BUT! It takes 2 hours to get there due to that fact i would have to use three buses that all have very poor timetables and service.

Absolutley crazy. Im moving as soon as i can.

WEll... people of this country voted them back in.. in all honesty they get what they deserve....

Most annoying for me... apart from one bit..

"Every vehicle would have a black box to allow a satellite system to track their journey, with prices starting from as little as 2p per mile in rural areas. "

;)

Thats what I sell for a living, and we are the only company to be home officed approved, and already have government contacts.. Not only could I earn comission, but I have lots of shares too ;)

I think that iof this the case then I think all clubs should act together and petition not only club members but get everyone in their area to get a petition set up. The take that to downing street!

The affect this will have on business would cripple the country. Having your good shipped to your door would cost a fortune!

Yeah i think we all should. When i renewed my insurence they tried to sell me this policy were they put a "black box" in my car and it was ment to work out cheaper for me like a pay and go system. it all sounded good till i asked her the tariffs it was 8p per mile 6am till 11pm then £1 per mile 11pm till 6am. id made my mind up already but thought id ask her how it works she said it ran off GPS then when i asked her if they could moniter speed and she said not at the mo but there were plans to! id rather pay road tax any day.

i strongly urge everybody to join the ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH DRIVERS.

membership costs £20 and that can be for joint if you desire. its a non profit organisation who campaign on behalf of all drivers against ridiculous things such as this.

there are only 2 organisations in this country like this, of which the ABD is one of.

please take the time to look at the ABD Website and consider becoming a member.

i recently joined and am also considering becoming a regional contact for them.

do your bit and fight the ridiculous persecution and taxation of the british motorist.

Yeah i think we all should. When i renewed my insurence they tried to sell me this policy were they put a "black box" in my car and it was ment to work out cheaper for me like a pay and go system. it all sounded good till i asked her the tariffs it was 8p per mile 6am till 11pm then £1 per mile 11pm till 6am. id made my mind up already but thought id ask her how it works she said it ran off GPS then when i asked her if they could moniter speed and she said not at the mo but there were plans to! id rather pay road tax any day.

They lie!!!!!!!

The systems can do much MUCH more!!!!!!

Just from GPS alone our system can monitor speed, harsh acceleration, harsh brakeing, position (obviously). It also has a load of inputs, some digital some analogue that can be wired in to read other things, i.e. rpm,, fuel level, even if the driver is wearing their seatbelt! whatever you want to wire it in to (fridge van trailer temperatures, etc), Ther are also outputs, that con be controlled from base, i.e. remote lock unlock (for trapped keys) remote imobilisation (we aren't allowed toi do that lol), remote turing on lights etc.. All relayed back to base via SMS/GPRS.

Its really aimed at fleet van operators (make sure the drivers are looking after them, not nicking fuel, etc) Service engineers and couriers (they can prove they were on site from what ever time, and how long they were there for), Company cars /vans/plant hire equipment) Are they using them for private use, etc)

They can also set up areas that if a vehicle goes into it, or out of it, they will be alerted.. any alert acan be sent dorectly to a mobile phone, email, etc... so they can tell when you are doing what ever they have set it up for you not to do, as soon as you do it!

Fleet managers like it because they can keep tabs on their vehicles, and if a driver is getting lots of over reving, harsh beaking, etc, and keeps stacking the vans they know its not just "bad luck" From that point of view insurers can analyse their clients driving...

There are also other tings to help drivers, like panic buttons, asset tracking (can tell when certain assets left a van and where) HGV trailer tracking.. Driver I.D. all sorts!

They want to put one in my supra (I use it as my company car)... should make for some interesting figures :lol::lol::thumbsup: And it would be nice to see mr Toyota mechanics face when you can PROVE they have been ragging your car about!!!

Its really annoying when people say "ahh its one of those trackers" its much much more then that!!! Best bit is you can use it as a totally web based system, i.e. log on to any PC anywhere like a hotmail account and see what all your vehicles are doing... (or if your boss is on his way ;))

Oh glad i didnt do it then now bet it will be fazed in over the next few years though :( thats gonna suck.

If you have one you should get an insurance discount anyway.. as its also in essence a security product! If thye are not managing it its nota problem!

From the BBC Views site..... excellent quote that sums it all up IMO

"I would pay this toll once only, when on the way to the airport to emigrate."

God bless you Martin from England!

Right, I've figured it out - well a guy on the radio did actually, I'm just trying to take the credit......

This is at least 10 years away from being implemented, and as we all know, alternative fuels are becoming more and more popular. Apparently we aren't all that far from having a proper hydrogen engine for public use, once things like this become common place, the revenue that the government normally get from petrol tax would disappear... So this is there solution. This is also why they're calling it 'congestion' tax and not 'environmental' tax like petrol is, as hydrogen engines are 'tree huggin good'.

I disagree, I think it's taking things a bit too far..

I would much prefer it if they would concentrate on banging up uninsured drivers, un MOT'ed/Untaxed vehicle drivers, hit and run culprits and heavier punishments for things like killing someone whilst drunk or on drugs instead and get the real criminals away in Jail rather than things like this.

Rant over :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links