Do Not Sell My Personal Information

04 Camry Hard To Accelerate After Converter Change

hyyz

Recently I brought my 04 Camry to my dealer because of sulfur smell and rattle at light acceleration. The dealer verified the problems and replaced the converter and intake manifold according to the TSBs. They said they also had to re-program the ECM. Then after I picked up the car, I found everything is harder: the acceleration, steering, and braking. I found it is hard to maintain a speed whether on local or highway. On May 28, while I drove the car on highway with 4 persons sitting in the car (including me), I found it is very hard to accelerate to hwy speed and hard to maintain it, and I found the steering was very hard and felted like it was locked. I brought the car to the dealer again on May 31. After having a technician test drove it, they told me it was similar to other Camrys (normal) and wouldn't want to solve my problem. I believe they never tried to reproduce my problem (by having more people sitting in the car). I think this problem is a safty issue and I filed a complaint with NHTSA. I also feel the car doesn't shift right and engine is noiser after the convert/intake change and re-programming.

This Toyota just has too many problems!