Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Track Day @ Prodrive 19 Jul / 8 Aug

mellow_yellow

as title, having negotiated some logistics with the guys @ Prodrive, i can offer you guys a "track day" @ their test facility in Warwickshire. Date is set for Tuesday 19th July 2005

SCHEDULE

8.45 - arrive for refreshemnts (available through day) and saftey briefing etc.

10.00 - split into groups of probably 3 ppl per instructor who will firstly take a customer (one of yours) car will you all in to show you whats what (demo laps) with everyone in it. then you will each be tutored one on one (unless you dont mind the others in car at same time) for circa 20-30mins each to fill up an hour - hour n half (most likely 2*10-15mins so your not sat around too long).

11.30 - quick loo break or tea/coffee etc.

11.45 - go out an do the same as 10.00am but on a different activity.

13.15 - stop for lunch. (and most definately time for a re-fuel! - convoy to Shell ;) )

14.00 - as 10.00am but again, on different activity

15.30 - quick loo / refreshment break

15.45 - if there is anything you guys want to try out more of, then now is the time. will allow til 16.30 for you guys to pick n mix.

16.30 - everyone back in for a debrief and clear the site for 17.00.

17.00 - first round at local pub is on me ;)

NOTE: this format is TBC.

Looking at working on 3 different activities:

1. Adverse Handling (Tarmac Rally Stage)

2. Tower Circuit (The Track)

3. Skid Pan (Car Control and Correction Techniques)

possibly 4: Autotest Area where we could incorporate a time trial or similar. this would replace 15.45 schedule above.

[REVISED COSTINGS

10-24 Cars:

£350 per car and first driver

£175 per additional driver (max 2)

25-30 Cars:

£295 per car and first driver

£150 per additional driver (max 2)

If you dont want to share your car with anyone,

and want the full 1.5hrs on each activity to yourself

with personal 1-1 tutition all day: £600.

Non-Driving Guests: £20 Per person

NOTE: (addtional drivers without own car will share YOUR allocated time on track)

NB. THIS IS NOT A TRACK DAY WHERE YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR SOLO AROUND THE TRACK. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN INSTRUCTOR WHO WILL BE COACHING YOU AROUND THE CIRCUITS.

Maximum number of cars for day will be limited to 30 and no more then 10 cars will be in use at any one time. this allows for a clearer circuit to be taught on and should mean the cars will last til mid day before needing to refuel. Also, tyres, brakes and engines get a breather reducing any potential problems liked warped discs, or blistered tyres. After all, you have to drive these cars home afterwards and the last thing you need is getting pulled over on your way home for illegal tyres! (the local police know what we do at the site, and DO keep an eye out in surrounding areas)

from P1WOC Tchort (Alan) and Scarey (Paul) are two guys to ask if your not sure what to expect. also Big mo, Viv and Scottste are others i know of that have been to the site although didnt exactly drive their own cars around!

phew! that was hard work! :-s

So if your interested, get your names down in a list below and i'll see what i can do!

p.s. there are some restrictions regarding noise levels etc.

all you Blitz/HKS/TSL type boys will deffo need to bring along any bungs etc. if you have them to keep noise levels down, and also be prepared to short shift, just in case. VTAs can get annoying all day long, if you have the springs to keep em quiet for as long as possible, then please fit them.

Cheers,

Jag.

Edited by mellow_yellow

Current Interest:

1. p1woc member

2. p1woc member

3. p1woc member

4. p1woc member

5. p1woc member

6. wr1oc member

7. sidc member

8. p1woc member

9. p1woc member

10. p1woc member

11. p1woc member

12. surrey scoobies member

Is this linked to the sidc photo thing at the same time (just wondering)?

i have posted this on sidc also, but im not sure if your refering to this same thing... My SIDC link

Current Interest:

1. p1woc member - Confirmed, awaiting payment

2. p1woc member - Confirmed, awaiting payment

3. p1woc member

4. p1woc member

5. p1woc member

6. wr1oc member

7. sidc member - Confirmed, payment recieved

8. p1woc member

9. surrey scoobies member

10. Scoobynet member - Confirmed, payment recieved

11. Scoobynet member - Confirmed, awaiting payment

• 3 weeks later...

revisions made in original post.

If anyone is interested, please can you confirm interest by adding your name to the list above and email me on trackdays.jag@gmail.com for billing information.

Cheers.

Jag.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership