Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disabling Seatbelt Alarm

Zz24hours

Just got told how to disable the alarm for the seat-belts. Ofcourse you should allways wear the seatbelt when driving, but on occasions it seems terribly annoying

This is how you do it - sorry for my bad translation

Turn power on and set counter to "ODO"

Turn power off

Turn power on, within 5 seconds, press and hold the trip-reset button

After 10 seconds, fasten the seatbelt

Release the trip-reset button

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on. (thanks for the update, Nick)

• Like 1

That's brilliant Christian .I have just tried it and it works. No more bl**dy meep, meep,meep. Btw the alarm does give up eventually after going into the really annoyed mode, but this is much better.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Does this just turn the sound off or also the red flashing light on the dashboard? In Chile the alarm was muted from the factory but the red light wasnt. It always catches me in the eye and is frustrating...although I always wear my seatbelt ;)

Thanks Christian

Much better without the noise.

Just makes you wonder what more things you can re-program if you knew how.

Just got told how to disable the alarm for the seat-belts. Ofcourse you should allways wear the seatbelt when driving, but on occasions it seems terribly annoying

Turn power off

.. the display should now change to "B-off", turn power off and release the seatbelt.

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, you have to disconnect the battery for a period (so I was told)

Hi,

To reset it, (so the annoying noise returns) , just repeat steps and it will say B-on if you press the trip button again while seatbelt still fastened.

Just tried it and thought you might like to know you don't have to disconnect the Battery.

Cheers,

Nick...........

Turn power off

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, you have to disconnect the battery for a period (so I was told)

Hi,

To reset it, (so the annoying noise returns) , just repeat steps and it will say B-on if you press the trip button again while seatbelt still fastened.

Just tried it and thought you might like to know you don't have to disconnect the Battery.

Cheers,

Nick...........

:D :D :D :D

Brilliant! all is peaceful again. Now if you could only suggest how to tone down the road noise............

Ah bliss.......peace and quiet, thanks for the tip mate! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: figured you'd like it

@ Nick. Thanks for update about enabling it again, hadn't thought of that .. silly me :D

@Proviguy. No, the flashing light stays on - but as you say, when wearing the seatbelt anyways it doesn't matter. The tip is only to stop that annoying alarm in the few situations where putting on the seatbelt is nonsence.

e.g. my driveway is fairly long, and having emptied the mail-box coming home, I really don't need to put it back on. Driving around between the different containers at the recycling center was also pretty annoying.

@ Smithian. Hehe .. in my opinion, the roadnoise haven't gotten worse since Carina E, Avensis I and II - all the other noises have just been eliminated ;)

@Ulro, yes it does. If i hear of other tips, I'll post them. I'd personally like that the alarm for having the key in the ignition was shut off. Hate it.

Thanks for the tip Christian, really pleased to have got rid of the seatbelt warning. Have just come back from France, and had the nonsense of being moved fifty feet at 5mph three or four times in the ferry terminal, and having to wear my seatbelt to stop the noise......

"If i hear of other tips, I'll post them. I'd personally like that the alarm for having the key in the ignition was shut off. Hate it."

I, like you, hate the ign key noise, so if your source come up with anything it would be great. Otherwise, I think I'll find a way into the ign switch, and find the wire for the key insertion switch....

Congratulations on your English by the way. Speaking what is becoming the world language makes those of use who speak it as our first language very lazy!

Charles F

Great news re: belt alarm - thanks.

Now how do we turn that really annoying key alarm off - it is driving me nuts ...

I'll ask right away about that key warning ;-)

Charles F. Thanks - we are tought english practically from the very beginning overhere

about disabling key alarm

Sofar I've been told 2 things:

One says that it is as simple as removing the wiring, but then another says - one that have done it on a few - that the only way to get around this alarm, is by opening the instruments and physically removing the alarm/bell

Problem being that the systems is also checking the coded keys, and removing the wiring will mean that you can't start the car.

I'll return when/if I find the final solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this on a mate's Verso with the pushtostartbutton today and it worked a treat on that too.

It may work on all Mr T's recent cars then.

You are truly a god amongst mortals

Does it work on a Celica as well??

I used to have a Celica (Gen7, 2003) and can confirm that there wasn't an audible alarm for the seat belt - just a flashing light - so I doubt this would have any effect at all, as it doesn't shut off the flashing light on an Avensis at all - just the alarm noise.

• 7 months later...

I have tried this sequence on a Daihatsu Sirion 2005 and it works fine.

(The Sirion has more or less the same electronics parts of Toyota cars....) :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Turn power off

The alarm is now disabled. To enable it again, same sequence but push the trip button once again with the seatbelt fastened. The display shows B-on. (thanks for the update, Nick)

:thumbsup: yep. Worked fine. No more annoying beep when moving the car down the side street to let people off of our drive!

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This worked on the used 2007 Avalon I just bought. The chime still chimes 6-8 times when the car starts, but does nothing more. The seatbelt warning light is still active but I can deal with that. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hi anyone knows how to do this on the Urban cruiser? Tried it but doesnt work!!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess no one have yet figured out how to disable the warning beep on the recent Avensis models? 2009 and up..

I guess no one have yet figured out how to disable the warning beep on the recent Avensis models? 2009 and up..

It can be done via techstream software and a laptop. You can also tone down the beeps for the door open warning and the key in ignition one.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links