Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-sport Engine

lespaul66

Hi guys..I have owned my 2003 T-Sport Corolla only few weeks now...

Earlier I had Opel Astra 2.0 Sport and there was 136 hp...I must say now that this T-sport engine feels a lot of different...Astra had a lot of more low end torque and power...

T-Sport: From the 1000 to 3000 rpm there is a lot of torque, the engine feels very healthy...from 3000 to 6000 rpm the engine feels a litlle bit toothles (actually I expected a little bit more !). The tighter camsaft starts to work when reaching 6500 rpmw and I can feel a clear power kick up to 8000rpm...By first and second gear there is real clear power kick but higher gears the power kick is not so strong you could expect from the 192 hp...

How you guys feel the engine ???

for me it was easy, I have previously had 3 Corolla's 1.3, 1.4, 1.6, I drove them like any other car I've had, hard and fast and it wasn't really fair to them, but now with the T Sport, I drive like i've always driven, but in a car that was built and designed to be driven that way, and guess what I and the car love it.

So just get used to driving the car like it was meant to be driven, or get a deisel :D :thumbsup:

Exactly, i got my Corolla T-sport this friday so it hasn´t run long but i drive it now like i will do in the future. Up to 8200 rpm. This engine has high-performance pistions (not sure of the english word there) and bearings... so it WILL stand for that kind of pressure.

I really love my highrev Corolla and i noticed that the women just looooove the sound from the engine when it passes 6000 rpm and so do i :D

i noticed that the women just looooove the sound from the engine when it passes 6000 rpm

i would have thought u'd be going too fast at 6000rpm to notice reactions from women, especially whether they like the car or not! :P

I really love my highrev Corolla and i noticed that the women just looooove the sound from the engine when it passes 6000 rpm and so do i :D

i love it to but i find women in the car dont like it ... well mine does not ... maybe i should trade her in ?

I really love my highrev Corolla and i noticed that the women just looooove the sound from the engine when it passes 6000 rpm and so do i  :D

i love it to but i find women in the car dont like it ... well mine does not ... maybe i should trade her in ?

Well m8, if the woman is interested in bikes/sportscars then they´ll like it....i dont´s say all does... bad luck u chose one that didn´t :D

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe my problem is that in addition of my new Corolla 2003 T-Sport, I have also tuned 170 hp 2001 Yamaha YZFR1motorcycle...The R1 acceleration is so mind blowing..that it is difficult to compare the feeling to modern sportcar and its high performance in car class...

My R1 acceleration time from 0-100km/h is around 2,7 sec and top speed 301km/h indicated (280 km/h real).... :thumbsup:

I would love to have a go on a bike but i thimk i feel safer in my little box. just one questiuon i have wondered. when going 0-60 at 2. some thing how do you stay with your machine? velcro straps??? :)

Getting decent accelaration on a bike is as much down to how hard the rider can hold on and is willing to go, as it is to the bike itself!

Getting decent accelaration on a bike is as much down to how hard the rider can hold on and is willing to go, as it is to the bike itself!

too true ;)

The sportbike sadlle shape keeps you on a bike during hard acceleration...you must be careful not to flip up because the front wheel goes up by throttle...the first gear pulls to up to 120 km/h..and if you are not carefull you may lose the controll

See more from my motorcycle home page...

http://www.kotiposti.net/strato/

%$( that would be cool I would not mind it the TS hitting 120 in first you would hardly need to change gear :)

I don’t know if it is just me but Bikes don’t seem to do anything for me at all. As absolute car freak I find my interests in Bikes is fairly low. Of course anything that accelerates as quick as that machine you have there is an amazing bit of kit. A friend of mine is exaltedly the same, he owns a Mitsubishi Evo 7 Extreme which is currently running at a round 397 BHP and tells me that it is well capable of worrying a few Bike riders from 0 – 62. After going out in it the other day I now believe him. My god it is just so !Removed! quick.

:hokus-pokus:

So true... a bike is a bike... not even a 1000bhp supra would have anything to say against e.g. lespaul66´s bike.... A car can be fast, f''ckin fast even, but no match for a bike

This is totally true. I have only got an SV650 Suzuki, which has about 80bhp at the flywheel, but cos of the lack of weight, it still flies. :D

On the way to work last week, I had a GT4 try and take me on at the lights. I'm afraid it was left behind me. As much as I love the GT4's, it's always nice to embarass someone who isn'tin the know! :P

when I first tasted the LIFT of my T SPort I wasn't impressed also, but when I removed the stock muffler and put a straight muffler, Man, things have change, Just change the sotck muffler and get A straight one... mine costed me like 35 US dollars, but if you wanna go fashion you can buy an Apexi N1 or whattaever , if its a straight design they'll work the same, the only difference is the materials used and sound...

I don’t know if it is just me but Bikes don’t seem to do anything for me at all. As absolute car freak I find my interests in Bikes is fairly low. Of course anything that accelerates as quick as that machine you have there is an amazing bit of kit. A friend of mine is exaltedly the same, he owns a Mitsubishi Evo 7 Extreme which is currently running at a round 397 BHP and tells me that it is well capable of worrying a few Bike riders from 0 – 62. After going out in it the other day I now believe him. My god it is just so !Removed! quick.

:hokus-pokus:

yeah an R1 can beat a F1 car down a 1/4mile.

I've seen it done. Twice in a row. The F1 started to come back at the end but still lost..

It's a sad fact but stick to racing 125's off the lights if you want to win..

I don’t know if it is just me but Bikes don’t seem to do anything for me at all.

just listen the noise of their engines wow

Yes...My tuned R1 engine really screams!!! There is a handmade full race pipe indeed...please hear the following sound sample...It is recorded on a race track when I am accelerating from second to fourth gear...top speed around 215 km/h before hard braking... What do you think from the raw sound ???

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=16085

:thumbsup:

Amazing Engine had mine for a few months now, just really getting to grips with it.

i find that you need to be using the gears to get above the 6000 mark when the lift comes in and keep reving all the way up

seems that it drops below 6000 again on the next shift.

all i can advise is keep the revs up, sounds amazing anyway

Bobby.....!!!

when I first tasted the LIFT of my T SPort I wasn't impressed also, but when I removed the stock muffler and put a straight muffler, Man, things have change, Just change the sotck muffler and get A straight one... mine costed me like 35 US dollars, but if you wanna go fashion you can buy an Apexi N1 or whattaever , if its a straight design they'll work the same, the only difference is the materials used and sound...

You change the stock muffer to straight one....Do you mean that just the sound is different of does it man that you have got more performance indeed !!! !!! Or is it just the feeling because ofthe louder sound ????