Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-? Times

matt Tspt

Just wondering if anyone wants to do some timed 0-60, 0-100 times etc.

I think it could be quite useful as it would show whether fitting an induction kit or exhaust etc improves performance and by how much also my girlfriend recons my cars got slower so i could see whether it has(see recons my sr was faster).

It would also be good if people who know other people with other cars like vtr's,vts's could do the same so we could see how much faster we are (hopefully).

0-60=8.1secs

0-100=22.6secs

Thanks all

it's very difficult to judge unless you do a couple of runs before and after to work out your average time as each 0-60, 0-100 etc depends a lot on driver skill and how good your launch is.

At least by doing a couple of runs before and after you can look at the averages of them both....

Hi guys Rhaines comments make sense (almost 2.5k posts, I think you need to get out a bit more Ryan) :P ,

Now how are these tmes being measured (on closed roads of course ;) ) but do you have a time keeper in the car, and if so how heavy are they, oh and how heavy is the driver, surely we need a handicap system like the jockey's have, I mean this is serious stuff isn't it :lol::lol::lol:

I agree with jake :)

I'm 12.5 stone and my co-pilot was 8 stone

the tool for measuring the time was a nokia 3330 mobile with stop watch feature, accurate to a 00.00.00 format :rolleyes:

0 - 60 7.6 sec's (best time)

0 - 100 haven't timed it yet.

Ive never timed the 0-60 on my GT but the factory spec's are below on my sig.

7.6 in your T-Sport aint bad Oli :thumbsup:

Power to weight ratio is what count's.

LMAO - Nokia phone accurate to how much? Only as accurate as the person using it - which isn't very, really.

I'm still waiting for info on the gadget that some of the lexus boys have that monitors engine variables and measures 0-60 times etc....... Zee?

Steve.

what u should do is choise a gear say 3rd, and do a rolling start form what? 30mph and see how long it take to get to a marker/sign post etc and at what speed. This way you dont have to take into effect poor starts, wet whether etc. it offers two constants. Time it with a stop watch and passanger (few runs), then make the mods and try again. It wont give you a 0-60 time, but u can see easily what improvements (or bad effects) youve made to your car.

Just my two pence.

I'm still waiting for info on the gadget that some of the lexus boys have that monitors engine variables and measures 0-60 times etc....... Zee?

Steve.

Stevo!

Right - what you are after (and have seen) is the APEXI REV/SPEED Meter.

Standard features include: Engine RPM, Vehicle Speed, Travel Distance, and Battery Voltage (All which can be displayed in real time graph mode, numerical mode, or analogue mode; 1-4 channels at a time.), Peak Hold, Replay (With 60 second playback.), Speed Limiter Cut, 0-100m/200m/400m times with trap speed, 0-100km/h/200km/h/300km/h times, Mid Range Acceleration (The user can preset any range of speed to measure.), Stop Watch functions, Best Time Memory, RPM Warning, Speed Warning, RPM and Speed Outputs (For external devices requiring an RPM or speed signal.), Tire Size Correction (For acceleration and timing accuracy.), and Vehicle weight input.

Cracking unit, and at a very reasonable price. More details can be found Here at the Apexi Website

I would talk to Tune-a-car for purchasing........ ;)

Zee. :D

sounds good. I need to rob a bank then.

My new headunit has just knocked me over £350!

Let me know when you time your 0-100 time oli as i could do with something to compare mine to.

Also i know people are talking about the times being inaccurate due to driver weight different timing systems and driver skill but this should only really count for 1 or 2 seconds and for 0-100 times it wouldnt really matter that much,It would just give you a rough idea.I think the main thing is that the times are conducted on a dry day and on a flat road.

Keep the imput coming in guys.

Also my sr did:

0-60 - 9.5

0-100 - 28.4

where do you do your 0 - 100mph run's?

I go down a dual carridgeway (a38) quite late a night when theres hardly any traffic then pull up into a layby,then when its clear pull into the middle or the road,stop, then boot it as quick as pos to the magic 100.

I read just some test (don't remember what magazine), and there was a test for a T-sport Corolla and Type-R Civic.

Both were clocked 0-100, 6,9sec!!!! :blink:

After 100kmh Toyota lose a lot.

6,9 is very good if it's right.....have anyone get those readings? :eek: