Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi,new To Forum

ozzy666

Welcome ozz, im new here 2. just got myself a 92 gt4 import with 67,000 on the clock, im pretty sure its miles, it seems to be counting up in miles neway :P

Oh n Monkey Boy, think yourself lucky, i wish i was 22 insuring a gt4, im only 20. an that IS a killer!! £600 for 3months :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ozzy666

• daktari

• SamK1984

• GT4 BOOSTER

67,000k :eek: you lucky person!!!!!!!! what colour is it? you got a pic? how much you pay 4 it? :thumbsup:

Welcome ozz, im new here 2. just got myself a 92 gt4 import with 67,000 on the clock, im pretty sure its miles, it seems to be counting up in miles neway  :P

Oh n Monkey Boy, think yourself lucky, i wish i was 22 insuring a gt4, im only 20. an that IS a killer!!  £600 for 3months  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

***** - £600 for 3 months.........that's 80% of what I pay for a year!! :eek:

And I thought I was paying enough..... :wacko:

How long you been looking for??

I found mine just outside sheffield, just off jctn 36 on m1!!

It took me around 3months to find one i wanted, after travelling around 700miles in total looking at some.

well had my car in ad mag for bout a month now can't do owt till its sold coz using the money i get for that,and just found out today that my car is acting c@@t! might cost £160 or might cost £250 depends which works, garage can't find the fault [there guessing :blink: ]so don't no what to do now, i can't sell it as it is its too noticeable :ffs: don't want to spend on it either i hate the thing,looks like i'm stuck with it unless i trade it in and lose money on it! :crybaby: ****** off :crybaby:

Awkward situation mate. Feel for you. But look on the bright side. When you do get rid of it and get a Celica. At least you know your getting one of the most reliable makes going. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And im very quickly learning its worth ANY hassle it gives you! There just awesome cars!!!

lo all,seen a celica gt 1995 m reg 90,000 miles [import] on auto trader and rung the bloke up he said he has no service history just mot slips bit of lacker come off on back bumper,and would consider a straight swap for my pug.its dark mettallic green,17" alloys, hpi clear and two spoilers one on boot and one just above back window.wat you think?? price is £2,795.

http://www.rydalcarsales.co.uk/GetDealer.d...=20908&pageid=1

going to look at it tomo

Yep. Ticks all the boxes. Didn`t know they came in that colour. I like it. Price is ok for a trader. Lack of service history is a little worrying. Have a look and see how many previous owners it has. When you drive it check to see if it smokes on acceleration/overun and listen for strange noises from both engine and body/suspension. There should be none. Obviously you`ll be aware of the superstrut issue. But at 90K this is likely to have been replaced.

Go for it and good luck. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS. Nice adjustable strut brace too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

supertrut issue? sorry m8 i'm abit lame with cars :wacko: where are they located and how will i no if they've been replaced?i know there expensive to replace thats bout it.cheers

Ah right. Some of the Gen 6`s used what they called superstrut on the front suspension. Basically from what i can make out it`s a complicated method of controlling the tracking during cornering & bumps etc with a few extra joints and bushes. TTE (Toyota Team Europe) obviously didn`t think it such a good idea because they changed their rally cars back to conventional suspension set ups..

Easy to tell if it`s knackered. It`ll be thumping and knocking like a good un. So find a road with a few pot holes.

Won`t be quite so easy to tell if or when it`s been replaced but they tend to wear out at around 60 - 70K miles. So it`s a good bet these will `ve been. If it`s got a fresh MOT it should be ok because worn bushes would fail an MOT Test.

If you do a search you should be able to gen up on any issues with them. :thumbsup:

well!! went to av a look at that car was'nt impressed with it,so that was a waste of 2hr journey :angry: but been to look at a gen5 at sheffield aswell.its a 1991 H Reg TOYOTA CELICA 2.0 16v gt-r 4ws automatic in black with 96,000 km so roughly 60k needs abit of tlc ,new lock on passenger side,has like some window viser things on top of side windows which are damaged and a good polish.its something i could happily do up and make to look awesome! got a bit of sh, its an import and reg in 2000 had 2 owners since imported.but i wanted £1400 for mine with the gen5 and the bloke wanted to knock me down [this was on the phone as he was away] so i said can't go lower than £1400, so that was that.he seemed a bit concerned as to why i wanted to downgrade to older car.the bloke i was talking to at the garage who showed me round the car was abit surprised his boss did'nt want mine and took my no. just in case, he said if he could see my car he would prob accept it. so hopefully might get a call but dowt it :( thinking of ringing back saying £1300 wat u lot think??

Never tell a trader you want to come down. He`ll think it`s his birthday. :lol:

If he rings back and he sounds interested then its 'game on' If he doesn`t well thats the way it goes and something else will come up. I know it`s a nightmare, but waiting for the right one will make it all worthwhile. :thumbsup:

if he accepts i've got £1400 to put into it B) how much you spent on urs so far daktari ?? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

well finally sold my 206 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D going to look at some mean machines tomorrow :yes: how much is membership for this club and is it worth doing it ?how does it work and wat do u get out of it ?do you get discount on parts ?

I stopped counting at 5K  :D

I should point out that thats including the car. :lol::lol:

well finally sold my 206  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  going to look at some mean machines tomorrow  :yes:  how much is membership for this club and is it worth doing it ?how does it work and wat do u get out of it ?do you get discount on parts ?

Well done on getting shot of the Pug matey. Good hunting. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

put a deposit down on a 91' 2.0lt gti 16v bright red and in vgc only 2 lady owners from new the second owner has had it for 11yrs and serviced it on every mot.The gti bit, when i rung insurance he said they don't do a gti you must mean gt put it has gti on the back i'm sure of it :wacko: .Its done 64,000 B) its not had a cam belt change yet so praying it won't snap on my ride home tomorrow :lol: gonna get it done asap along with water pump.is it really due for a cam belt change at 64,000 or will it be ok to run to work for a week or so till i can get it fitted in to garage?.so this type has super strut?and they go between 60-70k? i'm really nervous bout having this car with it being old and selling a newer car for it ,but i love the look so much i had to have one,suppose i'm expecting the worst to happen which i think will be the when the super stut thingy f**ks up,but f**k it :thumbsup: is there anything u guys could suggest i have done to it while in the garage, to keep it running good? gonna service it and get it mot'ed as it runs out in september so might as well get it done now.cheers :thumbsup:

put a deposit down on a 91' 2.0lt gti 16v bright red and in vgc only 2 lady owners from new the second owner has had it for 11yrs and serviced it on every mot.The gti bit, when i rung insurance he said they don't do a gti you must mean gt put it has gti on the back i'm sure of it :wacko: .Its done 64,000 B) its not had a cam belt change yet so praying it won't snap on my ride home tomorrow :lol: gonna get it done asap along with water pump.is it really due for a cam belt change at 64,000 or will it be ok  to run to work for a week or so till i can get it fitted in to garage?.so this type has super strut?and they go between 60-70k? i'm really nervous bout having this car with it being old and selling a newer car for it ,but i love the look so much i had to have one,suppose i'm expecting the worst to happen which i think will be the when the super stut thingy f**ks up,but f**k it  :thumbsup: is there anything u guys could suggest i have done to it while in the garage, to keep it running good? gonna service it and get it mot'ed as it runs out in september so might as well get it done now.cheers  :thumbsup:

Well done. Sounds good. 64K. Nice low mileage. Belt should be replaced at 100K kilometers. 62K miles. So best get that done ASAP. No superstrut on this model, so thats a bonus. And it`s known as a GT despite having GTI on the boot. :thumbsup:

Next most important thing is..... Get some piccies up... We Luuurrve piccies. :lol: