Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is The Scion Cars Made By Toyota?

kenji4861

Daihatsu is owned by Toyota, and the Sirion has the same engine as the Yaris, thats correct for the Gti anyway.

My apologies Kenji4861, I didn't check your link before responding, and assumed a spelling error Scion=Sirion.

HOWEVER...the link is really interesting, especially the forum comments, and also the fact that the cars dont carry Toyota badges, are they made in China perhaps ??..weird stuff !!!

• 2 weeks later...

28 Feb 2002 -

Toyota officially announced the launch of a new brand named Scion (pronounced "sigh-on").

Roll out will start in California June 2003, The South, Southeast, and East Coast will see Scion around Feb 2004, while the rest of the country (US) gets Scion September 2004. The Xa, and Xb will be available the first year, while a car similar to the ccX Concept (2 door Matrix-look-a-like with full car sunroof) will be released in year 2 as the Xc.

Targeted to appeal to the youth market Scion will produce cars which target younger buyers with presumably sportier designs. The new brand will be similar to Toyota using the name "Lexus" to sell its luxury line of cars. Unlike Lexus however, Scion cars will be sold within current Toyota dealers perhaps in a separate area of the showroom. The Scion Xa (Based off the Toyota Bb available in Japan) and the Scion Xb (Toyota Ist available in Japan) will be unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show (Jan 2004).

• 3 years later...

hi can some one tell me why Daihatsu/toyota decresesed the power of the 1.3 l enging in the scirion ??

the sirion 1.3 98-06 100 bhp and the sirion 06-?? just 86 bhp?

can some one tell me if the engine of the sirion and yaris are the same ??

can somone tell me how the Daihatsu sirion 1.3 produce 100 bhp and the yaris 1.3 vvti produce just 86 bhp ??? what they had done different in it ??

• 9 months later...

Hello, I own a Scion xB and my wife has a Scion xA. They definitly are Toyota's. Just came to America in 2003 and they are the hottest car here. Thanks to Scion, Toyota is now the #1 selling car in America. I am in a car club for Scions only. We have some really nice ones out here in Arizona.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links