Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Ae86 Gt

gordypix

So yesterday at Japshow, I dropped by the Banzai Stand to blag a Magazine and this lil' beauty caught my eye.

It's a Minter of a 1987 AE86 GT with very low mileage and one careful owner before Joe (Banzai's Ed) bought it.

If you read Banzai regularly you may well be familiar with this car as Joe has been documenting it in the magazine each month as he restores/alters/adds to it....

gallery_1599_33_1119178010.jpg

gallery_1599_33_1119178032.jpg

gallery_1599_33_1119178057.jpg

gallery_1599_33_1119178081.jpg

gallery_1599_33_1119178105.jpg

gallery_1599_33_1119178129.jpg

Maybe Joe will drop by the forum and run through what he has done to this car :thumbsup:

what i'd do for an AE86 like that.....................

Yup - same here

OMG what an absolute MINTA :)

Rash.

Cheers everybody, I've spent an awful lot of time and money on her. Though to be honest, the base car was in amazing condition already.

Can't remember if I've written in the forum how it came to have such low mileage, so I'll just give you a brief run through. Basically, it was bought brand new from the local Toyota dealer by some old guy. After driving it home, he tried parking it on his drive and nudged the front splitter (didn't do any damage, by the way). This little mishap put him off driving the car, so it was stored in his garage for 15 years.

His son then decided to get the Corolla back on the road, so he took it back to the dealership for a thorough going-over. Since then, he only ever used it now and again to pop to work. The end result: 27k miles (it just turned 31k on the way back from The Jap Show), full Toyota service history, and no rust.

Guess you probably know all about my other modifications from reading the magazine – if not, why not ? ;) But if you'd like me to list them all I can...

Cheers everybody, I've spent an awful lot of time and money on her. Though to be honest, the base car was in amazing condition already.

Can't remember if I've written in the forum how it came to have such low mileage, so I'll just give you a brief run through. Basically, it was bought brand new from the local Toyota dealer by some old guy. After driving it home, he tried parking it on his drive and nudged the front splitter (didn't do any damage, by the way). This little mishap put him off driving the car, so it was stored in his garage for 15 years.

His son then decided to get the Corolla back on the road, so he took it back to the dealership for a thorough going-over. Since then, he only ever used it now and again to pop to work. The end result: 27k miles (it just turned 31k on the way back from The Jap Show), full Toyota service history, and no rust.

Guess you probably know all about my other modifications from reading the magazine – if not, why not ?  ;)  But if you'd like me to list them all I can...

Sure you can put the list up Joe :thumbsup: For the benefit of all our members all over the world and those who, for whatever reason, can't get hold of Banzai Mag. :thumbsup:

Okay, and in no specific order, here goes:

8x13" ET4 Rota RB alloys

185/60 Falken ZE512 tyres

Whiteline anti-roll bars front and rear

Whiteline roll centre adjusters

Whiteline poly bushes all round

Whiteline Panhard rod

Leda coilovers on front

Uprated Leda shocks and springs on back

TAS all-steel top mounts

Cusco front strut brace

Chromed Janspeed four-to-one manifold

Janspeed stainless steel system with custom size tailpipe

Apexi induction kit

Lite Tuned carbon fibre bonnet

Clifford Cat1 alarm system

… plus numerous new OE trim/chassis goodies such as seals and track rods

Yeah… think that's about it, though I've probably forgotten some other important parts :wacko:

Alrite Joe! After seeing your car at Japfest painted very nicely and without the door mouldings ive decided to remove my mouldings as it looks cool! :thumbsup:

So what is gonna happen to it now?!?! Daily driver?? haha

I'd love to use it more, it's certainly more fun and more responsive than the Civic Jordan I use every day. It may only have 130bhp-or-so but it leaves the Jordan for dead in the low- and mid-range. I'm just a bit scared of racking up too many miles. Besides that, it's on a restricted mileage classic insurance policy. DOH!

Looks good mate :thumbsup: The bonnet works well with the rest of the car not normally a big fan of carbon bonnets but that works well with the colour of the car B) B)

tell you what then.....

give me the jordan, and you can have my AE82. then you'd have a more fun and responsive car to use everyday, and id have a civic jordan! :D :P

id hate to think the amounts you must have been offered for that AE86! it's an absolute minter!!

But what will you drive as a daily drive when the Jordan is given away in the magazine! :D

Are you serious about the '86 being quicker than the Civic! I know the '86 can hold its own for a 1.6l car but against a 160bhp Vtech i wouldnt think it could stay with it!

Really not sure what I'll do for a car when the Jordan goes. It's my daily driver and I don't really have anything else. I do own a puny (but immaculate) little 1986 EP70 Starlet but my sister's borrowing that at the mo. Not sure if she'll want to give it back, and I'm not sure if the editor of Banzai should be seen driving something with a one litre engine :blink:

Still, I'm getting married soon so I might be able to pinch my other half's Ford Ka. Maybe not, it's purple...

It would be interesting to put the Jordan and AE86 against each other with our timing gear. In terms of pure, foot-to-the-floor acceleration, the Jordan will win, no question. Wound up and kept in VTEC it surprises a lot of other drivers, but unless I keep it on the boil I know that my Corolla, with it's amazing pick-up in almost any gear and at any speed, will leave it for dead :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

That is the car that rob was drooling over at japfest - his fave of the show i think :yes:

Its very tidy indeedy ;)

• 2 months later...

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

The chassis is the one part of the car I've concentrated on the most. Everything's been uprated: coilovers, anti-roll bars, poly bushes, top mounts, roll centre adjusters, strut brace etc.

I agree it may not be the lowest AE86 you've ever seen (it can go lower but I wanted to be able to drive it up the ramp and into my garage) but it's probably one of the best handling around.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I see…

No, none of that malarky. Sorry if that's disappointed you.

Figured it would be better to keep the car relatively original. AE86s are rare but finding one which hasn't been turned into a full-on rally or drift car is even rarer. All the modifications I have carried out are all fully reversible. There's not much room left in my garage, what with wheels, suspension, exhaust and body parts everywhere.

• 8 months later...

lovely lookin car, does anybody know if he would sell it????

:lol::lol: I think many people have tried and have been turned down