Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Us Grand Prix

alanbradley

There is going to be one heck of a fallout from this farce...

What is going to happen though?

A

2 ferraris, 2 jordans and 2 minardis... :eek:

...and even then one of the Jordans is looking dubious

Guess who's leading................... :wacko:

Yeah, what a surprise <_<

Still, they're not having any trouble fitting in the ad breaks tonight...

I sympathise with the folk who paid good money to go to the race and have driven for hours to get there...

A

What a load of ******

Guess what I'm not watching?

With any luck the Yanks will sue the A** of the FIA for not resolving this when they had chance. OK, the tyres weren't up to it but the race could have been salvaged.

At the end of the day its a tough one, Ferrari (sorry for swearing) pulled a car out at spain becasue the tyres couldn't run) and now the michelins are in the same position...

Yes something should have been done earlier but unfortunately rules are rules...

I hope the US crowd get some compensation for paying to see the "spectacle.."

Impossible situation for the FIA and for the teams that are unable to take part.. there is only Michelin to blame.. no-one else, Michelin brought the wrong tyres, end of story.

Michelin will probably be saying goodbuy to F1 over this.. and there is every chance that the contract for the American Grand Prix won't be renewed.

Now.. the crowd are throwing bottles/cans onto the track it's time the race was stopped.

they all seem to have gone home, and those that haven't are throwing beer cans on to the track...

Hell, I'm on here rather than giving it my whole attention as usual

A

what a farce!

I feel for the spectators $85 a ticket to watch a precession - for the good of the sport they should have found a resolution!

At the end of the day its a tough one, Ferrari (sorry for swearing) pulled a car out at spain becasue the tyres couldn't run) and now the michelins are in the same position...

Yes something should have been done earlier but unfortunately rules are rules...

I hope the US crowd get some compensation for paying to see the "spectacle.."

thats a fair point..

BUT

All the michelin teams agreed to run the race AND NOT SCORE ANY POINTS if the chicane was put in... and the FIA (and ferrari) did not agree...

what a farce!

I feel for the spectators $85 a ticket to watch a precession - for the good of the sport they should have found a resolution!

As i see it there was no resolution that could be found..

A chicane would have solved Michelin's tyre problem, but.. that would have lead to possible breaking problems later in the race, the chicane would have meant an extra breaking point, putting more wear into the breaking system.. the last thing thats needed is a disc blowing up at 200mph.

Allowing Michelin to ship in the correct tyre was a no go under the rules.. they knew beforehand what the surface was like, at the end of the day, Michelin screwed up BIG time.. Bridgestone (Schuey) pulled out of an earlier race because of tyre problems and no rule was changed/bent to allow them to get the right tyres... so if it was allowed for Michelin, it would have just created more trouble for the FIA.

The FIA have done nothing wrong here.. neither have ANY of the teams, the ony people to blame for this debacle IS Michelin.

3rd place was a lap behind ferrari... :(

yep it was a joke but whats really bad was........................

toyota had pole and they couldnt race :crybaby:

I disagree cfc - i think the FIA have as much to answer for as michelin...

This is a sport, not a buisness..

mind you, did you hear brundles comment 'If he [schumacher] does his victory leap on the podium, i will personally punch him'..

FIA deserve to be shot. The tyres were not safe and they as the governing body failed to come to a solution suitable for all the teams.

I'm looking forward to the manufacturers starting their own breakaway chamionship without the F**ng Idiots Administration, Max Mosley, Bernie and Charlie Whiting.

To let F1 come to this and force drivers to go out with no concerns for their safety is murder. If anyone has brought the sport into disrepute, it's these people at the top.

For those blaming Michelin, they made a mistake, owned up and even worked to come up with a solution, so the administration as the governing body has only themselves to blame.

A very very annoyed F1 fan.

I've been watching F1 for what seems forever but that debacle today was an absolute disgrace. Totally disgusting. They were thinking of having an extra American GP at Las Vegas, like the good old days.

Now, instead of two Grands Prix, I can the distinct possiblility of nothing over there in the future.

If the FIA done as Michelin wanted, what should have happened when Bridgestone had problems a while back??? They CAN'T have rules for one and different rules for others. Michelin are the ones who made a mistake, and a HUGE one at that. However.. i do feel that the FIA need to change he rules to prevent this farce happening in the future, but on this occasion, i think there hands were tied in terms of fairness to other manufacturers, teams, and of course safety.

mind you, did you hear brundles comment 'If he [schumacher] does his victory leap on the podium, i will personally punch him'..

I have that urge at the best of times anyway!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links