Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bigger Brakes On A Paseo

BenMorris71

Does anyone know if there are brakes from other Toyota's can fit on a Paseo, or atleast can be made to fit on one? If not, does anyone know how I could find out? Wanting bigger brakes for an upcoming 4efte conversion

Thanks

i believe there is a celica brake that will go on...i know there is a conversion for this celica brake to be fitted onto gt's / glanza's, and seeing as they have the same bolt pattern i would think that they are compatible, but someone else has to fill in the details on that

I agree with Riko, I think celica brakes will go on, if not Hilux brakes were mentioned a while ago IIRC

I think you may have to end up changing the master cylinder if you go down the celica option as I believe the pistons are substantially bigger, so you may run out of travel.

Either way, you could get the discs off the glanza they are 254mm wide as opposed to 229mm/238mm on regular starlet and I assume paseos, they should bolt on with no problems

Celica's are 5 stud there is a bigger brake/caliper option out there but it involves machining and quite some work.

Depending on wheel size and budget there are a few places such as KAD and Hi spec that could sort you out.

Simon

oh right, didnt think they did custom brakes...it probably was on hispec's site, but its such a ****ty site. meh

• 2 years later...

The old shape 4 stud celica brakes fit. There also 254mm but I believe they are thicker.

As fitted to a northern irish car on toyotaownersclub.com

My '96 ABS equipped paseo has 238mm discs am I right? Can I fit 254mm non-ABS system from a '99 paseo?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links