Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do People Really Nick These?

Avensis wagon

My mother-in-law has a two-year old Corolla with alloy wheels. As far as I remember, there should be these circular caps, say about 7 cm, with the Toyota symbol in the centre of the alloys, but now all I see is a cavity.

Dear muumy isn't all that observant and can't say for sure whether they were there in the first place. I'm very sure they were and noticed little marks where they would have clipped in.

But the question is, do people really nick these, and why?

The people that nick these are the same scum that nick the 'branded' valve caps, the kind of "pinch now, think later" mentality. They don't need or want them but because something unscrews/unclips they have to take it :ffs:

Humm, there was a spate of aerials getting nicked around here a few years back which was very annoying.

Believe it or not in my neck of the woods (Telford) one of the worst places for stuff disappearing off cars in the daylight hours is outside the local Halfords Supastore :eek: (and no I am not a regular customer of such 'corsa/nova accesory places'). Reason being that local Chav scum know that little Jonnys with their maxxed up 1litre hatches will be poping in to buy things (or aquire on credit) at the store. While they are in the store it has been known that items have vanished from their cars.

Although I do not think much of badly modified Corsas/Saxo's etc, I certainly do not wish any harm or damage to someones pride and joy so naturally one wonders why nothing has been done about the theving scum (espacially when it is obvious who is doing it and when) :ffs:

Years ago, I had a car with alloy centre caps on with metal bolts that held the caps on, the bolts were the locking type with the 3 little holes and a key to open. It was parked overnight outside a friends house, and when I came out to it, someone had tried to pry one of them off. There were damgae metal marks around the centre cap, but couldn't get them off cos they were locked on. They wouldn't have been any use to anyoe, cos they were specific to the wheel, and that particual set was the 1st in the country anyway.

They just left a damage mark on one of the wheels, which just looked unsightly. Gits.

I wish someone would nick the nasty red line tyre caps off Milly's car... they are seized on :(

Anodised valve caps, alloy wheel centres, aerials, etc....

Scum will nick anything that can be whipped off in a few seconds...

Humm, there was a spate of aerials getting nicked around here a few years back which was very annoying.

Wasn't that the Harry potter thing? I heard the ariels were getting nicked cos' they looked like HP's Wand.

But yes I think they're like magpies, they'll nick anything shiny just because it's not tied down. I say the courts should cut their fingers off if you catch the bleeders. I'm all for removign body parts for scum who are obviously guilty of stuff. Cut the feet off Joyriders, they'll think twice about doing it next time!

I wish someone would nick the nasty red line tyre caps off Milly's car... they are seized on :(

To: Karma Supra

Just take to tyre fitters, get valves cut out and new ones fitted and tyres reblanced, you find a better handling car after too, as tyrse where balncing goes off a little!

Had mine done for £15 all four!

To: urotsukidoji_badassdemon

In got thoses same wheels on my little Nova with metal centres we had one px that had them broken off leaving litte screw and tinny bit of cap left!

But if wheels fisrt in country then sure they wanted the wheels too!

Anodised valve caps, alloy wheel centres, aerials, etc....

Scum will nick anything that can be whipped off in a few seconds...

two wheels only faster in a straight line and on the road with not one pot hole, join line (ah the road that doesnt exist outside a drag strip!)

Seen the super bike vs the standard base model Porsche on Clarkson vid?

:rolleyes:

Plus you don't have to dess like a power ranger and drink OJ down the pub!think thats what he says about bikes!

Me there is something about gettig up on the rear wheel in four on a ninja!

but !Removed! scary cause you know you can't make a mistake unless you want a long stay in a NHS hotel!

Wasn't that the Harry potter thing? I heard the ariels were getting nicked cos' they looked like HP's Wand.

But yes I think they're like magpies, they'll nick anything shiny just because it's not tied down. I say the courts should cut their fingers off if you catch the bleeders. I'm all for removign body parts for scum who are obviously guilty of stuff. Cut the feet off Joyriders, they'll think twice about doing it next time!

no just remove there eyes much more afective! :ffs:

I haven't seen the video, but what bike was it?

Don't think it'd quite be a 'busa though.....

I don't really listen to Jeremy "beadle" clarkson either, cause he hates everything but fast cars.....

I don't dress like a power ranger either meself, as it's not my thing.

Nothing worse than seeing a bloke who's hit mid-life crisis, gone out and bought a bike he can't handle, with matching leathers, and ride around at 60mph all the time.....

I'll think you'll find not alot of biker do drink OJ down the pub. I don't drink myself, but people will have the odd pint, exacly as you would in a car. I don't have any respect for people who drink over the limit either, cause they ignorant, idiotic fools.

I would'nt say a mistake would land you in hospital either. I've seen guys walk away from 100mph offs on a bike, get up, and walk away with the odd bruise. Then again, I've seen stories of guys killed at 30mph on a bike. We all know the risks. If I was worried, i'd be locked away in my house all day.

Am I going off topic somewhat??? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links