Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vin Number 10th Digit

chinni

Hi,

According to VIN Number , 10th digit should be the last digit of the year of manufacture. so for 2005 it should be 5. I got the new prius last week and it shows no. 0

for the year 2000, it should be Y. So, if the 10th digit is 0, does it mean its the new revision model.

i called up toyota (GB) and they confirmed that according to VIN Number, mine is the new revision model.

Can someone confirm the 10th digit number on their VIN NUmber (those who got the May Revision Prius)

Thanks

chinni

Hi,

If I am reading my VIN correctly, my T4 purchased June this year as ex. demonstrator, and registered 27/04/2005 also seems to have a 0 as the 10th digit...

JTDKB20UX0.........

_________^

So does this mean mine is the new revision too I wonder?

Vic.

Hi,

According to VIN Number , 10th digit should be the last digit of the year of manufacture.  so for 2005 it should be 5.  I got the new prius last week and it shows no. 0

for the year 2000, it should be Y.  So, if the 10th digit is 0, does it mean its the new revision model.

i called up toyota (GB) and they confirmed that according to VIN Number, mine is the new revision model. 

Can someone confirm the 10th digit number on their VIN NUmber (those who got the May Revision Prius)

Thanks

chinni

Hi,

If I am reading my VIN correctly, my T4 purchased June this year as ex. demonstrator, and registered 27/04/2005 also seems to have a 0 as the 10th digit...

JTDKB20UX0.........

_________^

So does this mean mine is the new revision too I wonder?

Vic.

Hi,

According to VIN Number , 10th digit should be the last digit of the year of manufacture.  so for 2005 it should be 5.  I got the new prius last week and it shows no. 0

for the year 2000, it should be Y.  So, if the 10th digit is 0, does it mean its the new revision model.

Thanks

chinni

Mine ends in a 6, what the hell does that mean???

• 2 weeks later...
Mine ends in a 6, what the hell does that mean???

It simply means that the topic starter has been looking at an explanation as to what the American VIN-number positions mean. European VIN-number directives aren't as stringent as their American equivalent. They're still based on the same ISO 3779 procedure but they don't require the year of manufacture (position ten), the factory code (position eleven) or the accuracy check number (position nine), nor the VDS (positions three to eight) for the model description.

The way Toyota VIN-numbers are made up is manufacturing country (position one), factory location (position two), division of Toyota responsible for that model (position three), body shape (position four and five), model code (position six to nine), assembly line (position ten and eleven) and finally the serial number (position twelve to seventeen). For lines in which more than 999999 serial numbers are being used, the last position of the assembly line will change a digit to allow another 999999 serial numbers.

In recent years due to the proliferation of different submodels and the use of five-digit model codes, the body shape and model code positions have changed from their actual meaning (for instance ..LBTA60... meant LiftBack TA60 model or ..COAW11... meant COupe AW11 model) to a sort of code based on the ISO 3779 VSD requirements allowing more possibilities.

Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links