Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyta Starlet Gt

Biaggi-uk

Lookin to get a starlet gt can any one give me some advice on them cheers, hopin to swap my 2002 corsa sxi for it with abit of luck.

Cheers for any help of links

Simon

What sort of advice?

I bought one a few months ago, A Glanza V which is the face lift model.

I just check for all the usual stuff.

Let the car idle, look for any funny coloured smoke coming from the exhaust, such as white smoke. I believe this could indicate a worn turbo, cant remember, can someone confirm?

Looks around for mods you might have to declare. The dealer never told me about the HKS Fuel Cut Defencer on mine!

Yea think u mean blue smoke to indicate oil, white is usually condensation. Takin a mate with me goin to look at a starlet gt advance on friday. He knows his cars drives a 450bhp 200sx all built by him self.

• 3 months later...

Lookin to get a starlet gt can any one give me some advice on them cheers, hopin to swap my 2002 corsa sxi for it with abit of luck.

Cheers for any help of links

HEY MATE THESE ARE NICE CARS YOU WON'T GET A 2002 THE GT STOPPED CONSTRUCTION AROUND 92-95 ALL YOU'LL GET NOW IS A GLANZA WHICH SOME ARE TURBO SOME ARE NOT I HAVEN'T OWNED ONE PERSONALLY BUT AM ALSO LOOKING TO BUY ONE IN THE NEAR FUTURE I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD BUT IF YOU ARE IN NEW ZEALAND TRY WWW.TRADEME.CO.NZ THEY USUALLY SELL FOR AROUND $4000-$6000 THEY ARE ALSO QUITE QUICK WITH AFEW MODS GOOD LUCK

PHIL

He didn't say that he was getting a 2002 Starlet :blink:

White smoke is a sign of turbo wear but once you start getting it at idle you haven't got much longer til it becomes undrivable... this usually occurs over about 4-5 weeks. They are fairly economical and have high/low boost setting as standard. As a light car they are a good start for any tuning.

Best thing to do that has been done over here...

3S-GTE! :D

• 1 year later...

hey im new to this so im gettin used to it for now.i had a 91 gt a few months ago their a quick car for the size of them thing is the back gats very skitish wen corning at speed..spoke from experance,a couple of friends still have them ideal starter tuning car but i recomend at least a half roll cage as most crashed ones ive come across are rolled,,so in all a car fun to drive but needs work for better handling,im now driving a sprinter marino..rare here lookin for modded ones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links