Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tell Me About The Glanza "s"

bembridgemassive

ok so ive jus been goggleing glanza's and i stumbled accros the glanza s

me being 17 and soon 18 and havingmy first yrs driving under my belt, however under my mum and dad insurence.

i was wondering what engine was in them, and how insurence is on them, also the price range for them, also, how muhc would it cost to get 300hp outta glanza v?

cheers

I'm really not too sure what engine it has, but if i can recall properly, it's about 10-20HP less than the Glanza V. Glanza S is basically a Glanza V minus the turbo. So insurance shouyld be less (but it's still an import)

ok so ive jus been goggleing glanza's and i stumbled accros the glanza s

me being 17 and soon 18 and havingmy first yrs driving under my belt, however under my mum and dad insurence.

i was wondering what engine was in them, and how insurence is on them, also the price range for them, also, how muhc would it cost to get 300hp outta glanza v?

cheers

well im newbie soon to get a glanza probably about 2800 for parts, with serious mods, hybird turbo, dont think you could get it too that tho

glanza s is a glanza v spec starlet but with just an n/a 1.3 as apposed to a turbo'd one.

i have heard that the starlet GI (EP82 shape) has a 100bhp 1.3 n/a engine. this may be the case with the glanza s but im not honestly sure. it may only be 75bhp. like the SR in the uk.

300bhp isnt that easy to obtain unless you go all out and to alot of extensive and expeensive mods. 200 is alot easier to acheive. especially if your new to cars and tuning them.

just buy the glanza s, enjoy it, then get a glanza v when you can afford it.

Yes i would say 300 bhp is quite hard work to get from a 1.3 engine.

i know someone who has a 330bhp starlet gt in the uk but his car is a monster and it's very rare to see glanza's or GT's pushing more than about 250ish..

but you have to remember that it's not just to do with BHP it's all to do with power to weight ratio. :D :D

if i was you i would get some driving experence and get your NCB up. and Buy a Glanza V as i will be cheaper to insure a stock one of them, compaired to a modded n/a jap import.

Here's a useful link.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/

Regards

Tim

I think it was on here i read that if you get a GI ECU it will give the 1.3 in an SR or sportif 100BHP. Is that right? So in theory i could gain another 25hp by changin my ecu? :eek:

No the intake is totally different also !Removed! get 100 octane fuel this will make quite alot of difference.

Oh one other point a few auto Glanza S came with te 5EHFE

• 2 months later...
No the intake is totally different also !Removed! get 100 octane fuel this will make quite alot of difference.

Oh one other point a few auto Glanza S came with te 5EHFE

When did that happen ??.

No Glanza or starlet came ex factory with a 5E.

Cheers,

P. ;)

Thats strange mate someone must have been busy swapping as i nearly brought an accident damaged 5E auto Glanza few months back went and looked at it and it was deffo 5EHFE. Had heard of a coulpe of other people in japan with 5E autos. Must have been the !Removed! playing conversions mate.

Simon

Im considering selling a complete conversion so that someone can turbo there starlet. Everything will be included: engine, loom lengthend for uk car + ecu, gearbox, clutch, drive shafts, hubs, breaks, calipers, exhaust. I might even include konis and eibachs if i decide to sell it as a rolling chassis.

Its exactly everthing needed for the conversion, minus all the hard work as the electrics have all been changed. It litterally needs to be swapped over, anyone whos good with a spanner could do this, and it wont cost more than 500 to get someone to do it for you, i know someone if you need.

It will be faster than any gt/glanza standard as it is lighter, and obviously a complete sleeper.If anyone has any qu's dont hesitate to ask.

Speak soon, tobs

Yeah i thought i read somewhere the Glanza S was a 1.5 rather then a 1.3.

I would say the Glanza S is potentially MORE to insure then the Glanza V as they are rarer. Few companies have heard of the Glanza V let alone the Glanza S!

Well i just looked at japanese car catalog and the Glanza S is indeed a 1.3 not a 1.5 as i thought. They did do a 1.5 in a starlet, but it appears they were all diesel! (at least thats what they show).

Unfortunately they also quote the Glanza S as 85ps, not 100 as someone thought. Which means it has no more power then a normal starlet. Maybe its just a starlet 1.3 with a Glanza V bodykit?

Maybe its just a starlet 1.3 with a Glanza V bodykit?

Got it in one mate, tobs

But all in well it looking like a glanza ,but does it have the power of one , i suppose theses days you can zup them up with chips etc ....

Thats strange mate someone must have been busy swapping as i nearly brought an accident damaged 5E auto Glanza few months back went and looked at it and it was deffo 5EHFE. Had heard of a coulpe of other people in japan with 5E autos. Must have been the !Removed! playing conversions mate.

Simon

Yeah, i'd say it's probable.

No mention of it on the Jap EPC so hence the reason I was scratching my head ! :lol:

Cheers,

P. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links