Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Tsport Gear Misses

martenj76

Sometimes when i change the gears... especially to 2:nd and 3:rd gear it happens that it won´t go in and it makes a bad noise ofcourse. Anyone else experienced this? my car is only 4 days old so mabye it has something with run in period to do?

I haven´t really cared about the run in period of the engine because my manual says it is not necessary but if i go nice and easy with it the first 2000 km it will last longer and it will consume less gas. But hey, who cares the engine is teasing me always to pass 6000 RPM´s :D

when you get a new car everything need to wear in. including the gearbox.

take it easy for a bit and you might find everything will feel better.

if it's carries on get it checked though. It could be fu**ed?

yes, it happens .... just be a bit more carefuly, and use a bit more stronger hand...problem is when you try to shift too fast, you release the clutch too soon... we are talkin about miliseconds here... as your car wears in, it will happen a lot less if ever

yes, it happens .... just be a bit more carefuly, and use a bit more stronger hand...problem is when you try to shift too fast, you release the clutch too soon... we are talkin about miliseconds here... as your car wears in, it will happen a lot less if ever

yeah, you are probably right... i don´t want this baby to break down... but it is altough a Toyota so i don´t think there will be any problems at all... i got 2 Corollas before this and NO problems what so ever and that is just amazing

I did do it a lot from 1st to 2nd on quick get-aways. When you bring the stick back, you hit what you think is second and then bring the clutch up to find you haven't. There is a patch where you need to bring the stick back harder than you think to get past this "brick wall".

Now I hardly do it-just remember to shove the stick back and away you go. Helps if you don't rush it that much either-doesn't like being rushed!.

Yep, this happened to me too, sometimes you gotta get used to your car, and I know that those 2.000km are the longest one you've driven...but It's necesary, all you have to do It's take it easy on the car for a few km's and then you'll enjoy the ride!!!

I had to wait too...I know it's hard, specially when cars pass you by :cacker:

Good Luck on and keep that TS ridin' :thumbsup:

I've got a Celica T-Sport that's only 3 weeks old and it's at the Toyota garage just now getting a gear problem sorted. It started the second day I had it when it wouldn't go into reverse. By the next day it had cured itself though.

This weekend all of a sudden it wouldn't go into 1st. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Then reverse stopped working altogether. And on a couple of occations it would stall when in neutral if the clutch wasn't down :blink: .

I love the car to bits but I'm well dissappointed with the problem. :censor:

i think there is a problem with your clutch :( :( :(

I'ld have to agree back to the dealer and tell them to sort the clutch out matey....

Sounds like you pulled the friday afternoon car, they're normally solid.....

It turns out that the problem in my Celica T-Sport gear box was due to a broken spring in the gear box which allows reverse to work. This had had an impact on the ability to engage 1st. On a 3 week old car that's pretty poor. Thankfully all covered under warranty.

:wacko: