Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much To Lower My G6r

elgonko

had enough of it sittin at standard height now.

any1 got any suggestions on what spring kit to go for?

gonna put springs on just now and save for shocks.

any1 got one or drivin one just on lowerin springs?

also, how much can it be lowered on the standard wheels?

sorry bout all the questions! :unsure:

cheers

Gmax! £20 and yours! lol

Nah, im not totally sure on who makes springs for the e111 but there are a few companies though, just less doing the full package. I have Gmax springs but I dont want to put them on without shocks too, not too keen on the brand either, but thinking about coilovers now.

Fensport do springs, in fact, PM ae111sr as he was selling springs a wee while back, not too sure if he will post them up though, but give him a try!

:thumbsup:

had enough of it sittin at standard height now.

any1 got any suggestions on what spring kit to go for?

gonna put springs on just now and save for shocks.

any1 got one or drivin one just on lowerin springs?

also, how much can it be lowered on the standard wheels?

sorry bout all the questions! :unsure:

cheers

I have Eibach springs on mine with standard dampers. 20% stiffer and lowered 30mm. Made a big difference to the car, much less roll and pitch. Ride quality suffers a little at lower speeds on poor surfaces.

Cost me £50 to have them fitted in West Wales. Add another £20 or so for tracking. I'm very glad I've had them done.

I have Gmax springs but I dont want to put them on without shocks too, not too keen on the brand either,

Ive got Gmax springs on mine there o.k but like sr says their cheap and i dont really trust any product that uses that max word :lol: as soon as i have the cash together im planning on upgrading to konis (had a £450 dentist bill today so all my recent koni overtime has gone :( )

Ride quality suffers a little at lower speeds on poor surfaces

the only type of road surface we have around here is VERY poor (one day i will take photos to show just how poor, it really is shocking) and ride does most def suffer so does your track so get it checked often (i get mine done every two weeks and its always out, but i get a discount now only 5quid to get it done which is cheaper than 150 in tyres every few months)

I have some Fensport springs sat in their box new and un used at the moment.

They are a 30mm drop so im told. Not yet fitted them yet and not sure if i ever will. Cant make up my mind :wacko:

Life if some what very hetic these days and im trying to move house too.

Pm me if your interested.

what kind of drop do the gmax springs give?yours looks slammed g6AArgh!!

any1 tried the tte springs?

how much u after for yours finecactus?

cheers

Gmax drop about 40mm im on 17s with 40 tyres and i think that about as far as it should go after that, you would lose any kind of practicality, ive had four guys in the back two up front and driven down a rough lane with no rubbing on the fronts and very little on the rears, the handling is slightly improved but i put this down to lower centre of gravity rather than good springs (lets face it the ae111 isnt that greater handling car)

aahh decisions!!

u think the Eibach springs are worth the extra money or u think i should just go for the cheaper gmax or fensport ones?

also if the Eibach ones are 20% uprated any1 no what the gmax,fensport ones are??

cheers

I had the Fensport ones on mine. Dropped it 35mm and 20% stiffer. I had the KYB shocks on the front as well which was another 20%. It did handle quite nicely after and I didn't think the ride was too harsh.

Click me for pictures

Joe

I did have TTE -35mm on my G6-R with 15 inch wheels and the handling was perfect and very STIFF :thumbsup:

Go for the TTE springs :thumbsup:

quite fancy the tte springs.are they the ones u can buy from toyota?

did the 15s fill the arches?u got any pictures of it??

cheers

thats a lovely lookin car gijoe90!!think im gonna go for 15s or 16s tho!

did u find the front dampers made much difference?were they expensive??

cheers

thats a lovely lookin car gijoe90!!think im gonna go for 15s or 16s tho!

did u find the front dampers made much difference?were they expensive??

cheers

Thanks mate. The front shocks were shot so I changed to the KYB at the same time as the springs. Got them from Fensport with Gold members discount :D Made a world of difference, handles like a go kart. Firthy now owns the car.

Joe

did u do the rear shocks while u were at it??

if not do u not find the back end sways about a bit??

If you are ever down this neck of the woods then give me a shout before coming and I will give you my gmax springs if you want them. They havent been on my car but were on another guys corolla before.

:thumbsup:

are they -40mm?

what kinda condition they in and how much u lookin for for them?

eva seen a black rolla at crail or knockhill wi red bucket seats and white wheels?like the way it sits but neva had a chance to speak to the guy to find out how much its lowered!

Think they were -35 mm springs. Yeah, we talked about this rolla before, ive not talked to the guy either! :( It does sit nice though!

They are in ok condition, wee bits of paint cracked off etc, but still useable! You can have them for nothing mate, buy me a burger or something next time you are down at Crail! lol :thumbsup:

cool sounds good mate but will need to give u somethin for them or ill hav a guilty concience.

willdrop u a pm next time im up your way.

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links